Jv Washam Elementary 4

Posted July 22, 2014
My son attended KG & 1st grade here. I think the teachers and the admin staff are great. The new principal is really committed to student success, and I am not sure what she did to ease traffic issue, there are few backups during drop-off/pickup times.

Jv Washam Elementary 2

Posted June 22, 2014
The recent leadership has been at best nonexistent, hopefully the school can move on with a change in leadership and give the staff some much needed direction and support. There are some great teachers at JV Washam who deserve more. CMS has decimated the Special Ed department, maybe better leadership would have stopped this happening! This school has lost its way.

Posted April 10, 2013
I am very pleased and impressed with the educational background my child is receiving at JV Washam Elementary School. I can't say enough good things about the staff and teachers at this school. My daughter is thriving very well at this school and the teachers are always putting the best foot forward to make sure your child receives the appropriate educational attention my child deserves!!! Kudos to JV Washam

Posted March 25, 2013
We just moved to the area, and I am ver impressed with this school. My son is thriving!

Posted February 11, 2013
Exllent teacher's strong principal my daughter is happy the teacher mrs Holly Keller she is amazing. we are so happy !!

Posted February 29, 2012
My child is currently finishing up her 6th year here (K-5th grade) and we have been very happy with the school, the quality of teachers and curriculum. The principal and staff are very welcoming to parents which many schools want the parent to drop the kid off and leave. I have appreciated the partnership the school establishes with parents.

Posted February 09, 2012
I relocated with my son to Cornelius, NC this past year and I am very thankful that he is able to attend J.V. Washam. This school is top notch from the principal, Mr. Giovanelli, to his staff, especially Mrs. Nelson, my son's 2nd grade teacher. The caring and positive influence that this school displays is above what I could have ever expected. The various faculty have assisted my son in as many ways as possible to see to it that he gets the extra help he needs to be a successful student. I am also impressed how at the end of each school day the principal sees to it that he addresses the students with positive words over the loud speaker. I give this school an A plus and look forward to seeing my son become a successful student and achieve his academic goals. Thanks so much to everyone there.

Posted September 30, 2011
My daughter started 1st grade, so 2yrs now at JV. I am impressed with involvement that most staff has with the kids and how everyday Manners, Helping, Honesty, Hard-work is stressed. Yes it's the parents job to teach and implement, but it's nice having the school back you up in your beliefs.

Posted September 29, 2011
My son just started in this school. The teachers here are really the best. They care about all aspects of learning. The Principal has excellent management skill and he is very easily reachable for any concerns we have. The communication with the parents is amazing, I really wonder how these teachers do this. I happy that we are part of this great school.

Jv Washam Elementary 3

Posted May 17, 2011
I agree that the teachers at JV Washam are well prepared do a very difficult job well. I am NOT however pleased with the way the school as a whole addresses the bullying issues that occur in many classrooms. Sometimes it seems like that Great School rating is so important that the bullying issues are just wished away.

Jv Washam Elementary
9611 Westmoreland Road, Cornelius, NC  28031
Last modified Jv Washam Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jv Washam Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.