Cornelius, NC
Students enrolled: 2,090

Posted June 10, 2015
As my last of 3 kids is graduating from CMS, I wanted to write and thank the staff and teachers a Hough for supporting and preparing my kids for college. While no school is perfect, I feel my kids had a great experience and are well prepared for college. Schools work best when the community and staff work together, and we see that at Hough. My only complaints are with things that are more an issue of the legislature and school board tying the hands of the school or gerrymandering the school zone. HUGE kudos to Dr. Laura Rosenbach who leads with skill and a true respect for students and teachers alike. I have great respect for her as a leader and only hope she does not leave. A shout out too to teachers Ms. Ciccarelli, Ms. Brang, Ms. McConnell, Ms. Andrews, Mr. Whitesides (gone) and Ms. Downey (gone). I also have to say that the counselors at Hough are so bright and supportive, especially Ms. Graves and Ms. Colbert from our experiences. They always go above and beyond. Thank you to all of you. I will continue to fight for NC public schools and amazing leadership like you all. Please know how much you are appreciated.

Posted June 08, 2015
The students will be well prepared at this school for college. There is a huge difference in the atmosphere, as this is one of the last "good public schools" left. With a variety of students and challenging work from teachers, this school is by far one of the top schools. There are fantastic opportunities with clubs, athletics, leadership, etc.

Posted February 18, 2015
My child is a freshman and as a parent I found that the faculty & staff are engaged in the education & success of my child.

William Amos Hough High 4

Posted June 03, 2014
This high school is a fantastic school. Apparently this website has not been updated the scores since the school opened.
2 people found this helpful

William Amos Hough High 1

Posted May 09, 2014
There are two types of teachers at W.A. Hough HS- those who are more concerned with the sports teams they coach, then with the academic improvement of the students and those who believe their mission is to politicize the classroom, mock any questioning (making sure to isolate the offenders) and stifle debate. So if you have really good athlete and/or practice identity polictics, by all means enjoy W.A. Hough HS.
6 people found this helpful

Posted May 17, 2013
I am a parent, My older son graduated last year in 2012 from Hough High. I now have a son who is n 9th grade. My older son started at North Mech for two years and when they opened went to Hough two years, It was nice to have a school closer to us. It is a nice school and has good teachers.

William Amos Hough High
12420 Bailey Road, Cornelius, NC  28031
Last modified William Amos Hough High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Amos Hough High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top