G C Hawley Middle 5

Posted August 22, 2013
it's the best ever. teachers are terrific and they really care about the students and that they make it to college.

G C Hawley Middle 3

Posted May 28, 2013
This is a typical and struggling public school with a few exceptions. Benefits: laptops for every student to use at home and in class, there are more choices for extra curricular activities, and a large campus with plenty of room for expansion. Concerns: Level of Instruction is slightly below average. The student to teacher ratio is currently 30+ : 1. (Next year, it is projected to be 35:1) For every respectable teacher three are in need of retraining and another is in need of finding a new occupation. Top Concern: Communication There have been several occasions when teachers completely failed to respond to multiple emails, notes, and phone calls. (After more than a week) I have only had to make contact 4 or 5 times. If the concern or issue is extremely important and quick response is needed, I have to go to the school in person. Even these concerns are often dismissed or seem to be handled as an inconvenience. The current administration demonstrates similar behavior after being made aware of communication concerns. Conclusion: If the administration was monitored more closely and/or replaced, the school could improve considerably because the potential is there.

G C Hawley Middle 4

Posted July 12, 2012
Every school has some room for improvement but overall I have had no trouble with my kids at this school.

G C Hawley Middle 5

Posted April 18, 2011
In my opinion no school deserves a 10 because there is always room for improvement. But for Hawley I would rate it between an 8 and 9. I have had two children and three grandkids attend Hawley. They have always had great teachers, principles, and support staff. There is drama but that is brought on by the students themselves. When there may be issues, I have been the staff jump into action and things handled. Students are performing very well academically and from what I observe, when I am there, the majority of the students and parents look to be satisfied and the students are well educated. If I were to need to send another child through Hawley, I would not have to think twice - they would go. Hawley is a good country school, taught by great teachers, governed by a fantastic principal, and well kept by awesome janitoral staff and cafeteria workers.

G C Hawley Middle 3

Posted January 18, 2011
I am currently in 8th grade at G.C. Hawley and am only giving it a 3 becuase so far its been an okay school. The ellectives are very bad in my opinion, Im in Honors Chorus and it isnt very well funded. Niether is the band or Jazz Band programs. The cafiteria food is not good in the slightest, and no healthy choices are there, only the occasional bruised apple. Ive had fun and have good grades but that is only because Im smart and took my classes seriously. There is some discrimination issues, not with race but with backgrounds. If your child wants to excel and be in a well funded and well taught school dont send them to Hawley. In my whole three years at Hawley ive only had 4 teachers that added to my knowledge out of about 15 teachers in all. I loved my expierence because i made the most of it.

G C Hawley Middle 2

Posted February 20, 2010
I'm rating this school a 2 because I went to one of the dances and they didn't let a student in the dance. I mean he just left the school like 3 days ago! They let him in, but that really bothered me because, with no hassle, they should let anyone go to the dance, weather the person moved even 1 day ago :( I am very dissapointed in this school. I thought they were better than that. I am not letting my youngest daughter go to that school

Posted July 11, 2009
I am sorry to say we moved here 2 years ago. It has been a huge mistake. some of the teachers are ok. The people in the office are pretty helpful and the old principal was good, but she is gone. As for the students , their is disviserty and that's great, but if you are moving from out of the area(espically from up north) be prepared to be left out. The students and some of the staff have taught my child what descrimination truely is. Damn Yankee is a term you will hear often!!!! People here have a 'good old boy' attitude!' yankees' beware. We had to pull own son out of school and plan to get out of here!!!!! As for electives the students just keep working with the same staff with very little to offer!! I would say again beware!!!!I only wish I knew before moving here!

G C Hawley Middle 4

Posted August 28, 2008
I've been going to Hawley for 3 years now. They have some good things (teachers, patio, caferteria) and some bad things (teachers, bad teachers, really bad teacher). But all in all, it's a really good school. So far.

Posted July 28, 2008
I was so scared of my son going to middle school but once we got to Hawley I was so relieved. The principal and the teachers are great. We had a very positive school year. It really put my mind at ease and my son had the best three years there. (To bad I can't say the same for the high )school.

Posted July 24, 2008
I have had two children at this school and everyone went out of there to help both of my children! The third child is entering this year and I am sure the experience will be just as pleasant .

Contact Information

2173 Brassfield Road
Creedmoor, NC 27522

School website

G C Hawley Middle
2173 Brassfield Road, Creedmoor, NC  27522
Last modified G C Hawley Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
G C Hawley Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.