Cullowhee Valley School 1

Posted November 19, 2013
CVS is an awful school in a terrible school district. It is currently devolving even further down, into a kids are cattle, group think mentality under new this principal. There is a putrid stench everywhere, and a general bad vibe. This entire school district needs to be deeply investigated and revamped from top down. The local population is so dumbed down that they just follow right along into the sausage grinder mentality of NC public schools. Just like WCU, there is nowhere to go but up from here. Funny that the faculty members have posted all of these positively fake reviews on here!

Posted September 04, 2013
My child's school is awesome! We are right across the street from Western Carolina University, and we have a LOT of partnerships with the University. These partnerships range from WCU students working with teachers in the classrooms to WCU professors giving presentations to the kids.

Posted September 04, 2013
able to do much with limited resources. I'm always amazed at the ingenuity of the teachers and staff and grateful for everything they do!

Posted September 03, 2013
Our school has great faculty and staff. More parent involvement would really boost it from a solid school to an excellent one! There is also a need for resources for increasing physical activity for our children.

Posted September 02, 2013
We'd love for you to be a part of making Cullowhee Valley better and better. If you are a parent or community member who wants to make a difference, join the PTA or talk to the principal and get involved. One adult can make a difference; many of us, working together, can change the world!

Posted August 22, 2013
CVS has been a Wonderful School.My Child is in the 8th,Teachers have been wonderful and helped her out alot

Posted May 20, 2013
My son has autism and has just completed Kindergarten at Cullowhee Valley School. He is absolutely thriving! He is in a mainstream classroom and all his classmates are very accepting and understanding of his differences, which I am sure is thanks to the leadership of a wonderful, caring teacher and assistant. He just turned 6 and is reading and counting to 100. He also just started riding his bicycle without training wheels thanks to the excellent gym teacher. The school gives me the feeling of being one big happy family. I walk with my son to his classroom and he is often greeted by name by teachers and older students. I love that they welcome parents into the classroom at any time. I have volunteered often and always like what I see when I'm there. We might be moving soon and I wish I could take this school with me!

Cullowhee Valley School 1

Posted December 07, 2009

Cullowhee Valley School 0

Posted December 05, 2009
Not even worthy of one star! CVS is the sorriest excuse for a school that I have ever encountered. My child's teacher could not care less about meeting educational standards. Don't swallow the lies they telling you. Ask proof of what you are being told and the follow through. Then make your own decision about the school.

Posted November 26, 2009

Cullowhee Valley School
240 Wisdom drive, Cullowhee, NC  28723
Last modified Cullowhee Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cullowhee Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.