Posted July 18, 2011
This has been a fantastic school for my son. The smaller school size allows for a more personalized experience, which has been great for my child who can easily "fly under the radar". The online classes are a great opportunity. However, parents need to check their students online progress REGULARLY as thiere is very little parent teacher communication in this format. Otherwise, the teachers are very approachable and set high standards. I highly recommend this school . However, if your child is into sports, this will not be a good fit as they have no athletic sports teams. They do have a Robotics Team and participate in Science Olympiad.

Posted March 09, 2011
Awesome School ! Great Staff & Teachers ! We are very satisfied with everything about this school. From the principle to the teachers they are very concerned about all of thier students very personable.

Posted September 27, 2010
J.P. Knapp offers a personal, more individualized education challenging each student to challenge themselves. By offering on-line (NCVPS & college) courses students who would normally be content to take the minimum requirements are required to take honors and college courses finding out that they are able to meet and often exceed their own perceived capabilities. The opportunity to encourage students who might not otherwise believe in themselves and that they can dream big and make it happen is what makes this school great!

Posted September 24, 2009
Jp Knapp Early College High School is a welcoming very warm enviroment where your child is made to feel like family. When you have a family learning atmosphere you can't help but thrive and become sucessful.

Posted September 21, 2009
the teachers are the best! they care about our children.

Posted September 21, 2009
My son comes from a family that very few made it through high school either on his father's or his mother's side. Now, they still will not admit the impact it had on their life or the life of their family now. It is almost everyday that my son has contact with unemployed family members that have everything handed to them while they watch TV under someone else's roof. Many regular high school programs seem to teach that it is great if they can get you through high school. Most of the time I have felt like I was the lone voice telling my son what needed to be done to have the best chances of survival and success. I feel that in my contact with the staff of JP Knapp, they have and will continue to help my son be the best he can be. Of this, I am extremely greatful.

Posted September 21, 2009
Wonderful teachers and caring professions taking care of the students

Posted September 21, 2009
What a feeling you get as a parent, when your child comes home every day so excited about her day at school!! The staff at J.P. Knapp Early College has given my daughter a new take on school. They truly care about the students. They treat them with respect and support them through positive interaction. I would love to see my daughter become successful in life. She now has the chance. We are blessed to be part of this new program. And I pray we have the financial support we need for all are children!

Posted September 20, 2009
J.P. Knapp Early College High School is the frist of it's kind in our area. It is offering accellerated courses for student's eager to earn a college degree who haven't the family funds to afford it. The students in our school can graduate from our Public school with a two years completed towards their first college degree. This is a new program in our area and could really use the financial support to help afford just some of the supplies they need for their advanced studies.

Posted September 20, 2009
JP Knapp is an awesome opportunity for young students. I feel blessed tha my son attends there and look forward to his academic achievements.

The J.P. Knapp Early College High
2966 Caratoke Highway, Currituck, NC  27929
Last modified The J.P. Knapp Early College High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The J.P. Knapp Early College High Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top