K-10|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 23, 2016
My daughter began attending Lake Norman Christian School last year for ninth grade. Within the first week, she was already participating in sports - something she never could have done in the much larger public school she was slated to attend. She has made tremendous friends who encourage her to excel and have strong moral convictions. The small class sizes allow her to know her teachers - and her teachers know her! In fact, several of the teachers have even prayed with her when she approached them with her struggles. In addition, I love the new AP program and am impressed with the honors classes that are available. My daughter blossomed from a moody and withdrawn middle school student into a happy and thriving high schooler. I attribute the change to the positive experiences and culture she has found at LKNC.

Posted January 11, 2016
This school has been a wonderful fit for my elementary-aged children. The small class size is perfect, as teachers really get know your child - strengths, weaknesses, etc. The environment is truly nurturing, as it should be for young children. My kids love going to school. I never hear..."when is it Friday?" or morning grumbling as I used to at our previous school. They are taught kindness, respect, and this is integrated into the academics. The facility is a bit older; however, I'm less concerned about how a building looks and more concerned about what's going on inside. If you are searching for a smaller school that will take the time to get to know your child, this is the place. When I drop my children off in the morning, I drive away feeling thankful they get to spend their day there.

Lake Norman Christian School 3

Posted October 27, 2015
This school has a nice infrastructure while it is not as big as most of the private / public schools in the area. The grounds are nicely maintained and they have labs for science, arts and IT. The IT program is really nice and focus in developing analytical skills on the students. However, the school is not a fit for students that have ADD, ADHD or anxiety issues. They claim they can handle it but just before enrollment (or after you enroll) they will tell you the student is not a fit and then you'll have to find another alternative. One parent even had the deposit taken and weeks before school they got a letter in the mail with the deposit back and a letter saying they would not accept the student anymore. I think if the school is not able to handle these students, they should be clear when parents inquire with them rather than wasting families time. Please be aware of that if you are considering this school.

Posted March 24, 2015
Fantastic alternative to large public schools. Ideal for kids that need a smaller environment where they can be challenged with opportunities and rewarded with success from hard work and perseverance. In the last year, I have seen my son grow spiritually, in independent academic thought, athletically, in confidence, and overall hapiness. The instruction he receives from his teachers has far exceeded my expectations. The support from the Athletic Director and Coaches have brought exposure and invites to camps where he may have gone un-noticed in the past. The school truly brings a worldly biblical view that has helped my son understand how hard work and support can bring you to new hights.

Posted August 09, 2014
School has not even started yet, but when I go by the school, I am greeted by lots of friendly faces. This school has been around for a while, but I think this will be its best year yet. The teachers are friendly, academically challenging, and love the Lord. You can't go wrong with choosing Lake Norman Christian School!

Posted February 09, 2014
I have two sons that attend Lake Norman Christian School. They have grown both academically and spiritually. We are very happy with the teachers. A great sports program offering many sports at all level of competition.

Posted January 30, 2014
My children have been attending LKNC for 5 years. This year has been incredible. Wonderful teachers, a dedicated staff, Christ centered education at a reasonable private school tuition, strong academic standards, active parent volunteers, additional sports have been added, family events and more. I am pleased with the education and confidence my 2 children have received. cholastic achievements, as well as her moral development. The teachers are wonderful role models . Parent volunteering is encouraged but not mandatory. Small class sizes (10-15 per class) allow teachers to give each student the attention and education they deserve. The school building itself is "historic" but it adds to the charm and fits in with the town of Davidson. Numerous upgrades and improvements have been made to the building and many more are in the works. Technology is being upgraded.

Posted October 09, 2013
What a wonderful school! As a regular volunteer at the school, I get to see and hear what is going on, and I just have to say, there is something really special in this school. The administrators, teachers, and even the students continue to wow me. The new headmaster is an exceptional and Christlike leader who actually listens to people and responds patiently and reasonably. Teachers truly care about educating their students - equipping them with life long learning skills, helping them develop in their minds and hearts, coming alongside individual kids to meet them where they are in life and learning, and collaborate with other teachers to best plan how to help individual children in development, and of course they teach challenging, engaging, and relevant lessons. Wow again. And the kids - they are so special. I wish all kids could have peers like these. They are a community for each other in the best sense of "community". What I've seen in general is that kids are kind to each other here, they encourage each other with sweet notes, they exert positive peer pressure, they are respectful..... Oh my goodness, can you tell that I like this place?

Posted August 06, 2013
We joined the LKNC family last year from another private school in the area. The other school was good but simply become too large. It is a great community of kids and families. I saw incredible growth of my kids academically, socially, and spiritually. As you evaluate your educational options, consider Lake Norman Christian school. I am looking forward to another great year - so are my kids.

Posted August 01, 2013
We love LKNC and are so excited for the future. Teachers and Staff are friendly, genuine people. Parents care about the school and each other. Teacher/student relationships are strong. We are eager to see what the Lord has in store for this year. :-)

Lake Norman Christian School
251 South Street, Davidson, NC  28036
Last modified Lake Norman Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-10