Denton, NC

Denton Elementary 3

Posted April 19, 2006
My son is in Kindergarten this year. He is in Mrs Gentile's class and doing great she has always offered suggestions on helping him at home. He loves her class and enjoys his time there each day. I am so surprised at how difficult school has gotten since I was there(it wasn't that long ago). I do however think the school needs an art, physical education and other extracurricular teachers of our own and not have share, the children would better benifit from participating in these activities more often thru the week. Also I feel that a spanish teacher would help the children get a head start on learning a second language to help them in the future. I know I am a very involved parent and would like to go on field trips with my son and help in anyway possible however I have been discourgaed from doing so.

Denton Elementary 5

Posted August 05, 2005
My grandaughter will be entering first grade this school year and I feel she was given excellent intstructions in Kindergarten to prepare her. Children have to learn much more now just to be prepared to enter first grade and I could not beleive she had homework in Kindergarten. At her assessment at the beginning of the Kindergarten year the teachers could tell she had been read to and worked with at home to be prepared for the school year. She is fortunate to have her mom and me to encourage her to do well in school and show her support. I feel Denton school is an excellent school but they cannot teach a child 24 hours a day. Parental envolvement is a must if children are to succeed.

Denton Elementary 3

Posted February 22, 2005
I have one child that is in the fourth grade there. and the work they send home he has no idea how to do it. They don't send home any examples of how to do anything, they expect the child to remember it and as a parent if i am not given an example of how to do the problem. i can onle do it the way i was showed in school to get the answer which now a days is not how they get the answer. I am seriuosly thinking about home schooling my child and see how he does with it. there is so many virus going around like the fifth disease and my child said the teacher has him sitting away from the kids. If the kids are that contagiuos they should not be at school.

Denton Elementary 0

Posted September 07, 2004
My 3 children attended this school. From my personal experience this school has wonderful teachers, guidance counslers and staff. They were always ready to answer my question and step up to the plate when I had concerns. I have several special education children and their needs were always attended to. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Denton Elementary
305 West Salisbury Street, Denton, NC  27239
Last modified Denton Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denton Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top