Bad
Good

Posted December 12, 2012
I I ve visited schools from North Carolina to Arizona; if your child has the opportunity to attend this school, you re extremely fortunate. The principal, staff, students and parents are the pillar of what a school community truly is. PV represents what every school in our country should strive to achieve. The staff at PV works hard every single day. Don t ever think their duties end at 3:00! If they re not at school working, they're taking their work home with them. They never complain or make excuses, and they do all this with a smile. Regardless of obstacles and countless expectations, they find a way to achieve them. Because they have high expectations for themselves, they instill this ethic in every student who walks through their front door. Yes, they provide an excellent education; they also provide their students with the necessary skills to succeed in life resilience, diligence, and perseverance.

Plain View Elementary

Posted May 10, 2009
I have one child that attends this school and had two others that did attend. I can say that I am very pleased at the hard work the teachers are doing with the kids. I do like the new principal we have as well. I also agree that there is a great panic over the EOG. I do understand but the kids do need a break at times. I hope that the homework will taper off after the testing. Thank you teachers for the hard work you have done.

Plain View Elementary 3

Posted October 04, 2007
My son enjoys doing very well at Plain View and has a great teacher. The staff is friendly and professional. My only complaint would be that the parents become more involved in the PTO. We just moved here, and the school we came from had an active PTO, which was primarily headed up by the parents. We had fundraisers that did not involve crowns and popularity contest.

Posted June 27, 2007
I have two children that attend Plain View Elementary. We are extremely pleased with the education they have received. The teachers at the school are exceptional...very friendly, intelligent and loving towards the students. They provide numerous opportunities for parent involvement. The teachers make learning fun for the students...even with the emphasis on testing, my fourth grader had the best school year ever last year (and grew to love writing in the process). If I could improve something, it would be the amount of time for and quality of special programs like art, music, and physical education. 35 minutes a week is very little. Other than that, I do not believe I could find a better school for my children in NC.

Posted April 24, 2007
I love this school. I will soon have two children attending plainview and I am so excited. The teacher's are excellent! They Not only want to know there student's in the classroom but they are concerned about their interest and them in general, there not just a number. They are very concerned about each of there students and are very friendly to the parent's and want us involved in the classroom. The faculty is very nice and pleasant to talk with. I know my children are being well cared for while they are at school!!!

Posted October 02, 2005
MY child is a third grade student at Plain View. I think the school itself is great. It offers a variety for the students and a great learning environment. I do however have two complaints. First the principle does not resolve issues in a timely matter, if ever. Secondly, some of the 3rd grade teachers push students to a breaking point with hours of homework each night. Maybe this is due to panic of EOG testing. I feel kids need time at home to be kids. Overall the school is good but needs a few adjustments, and a new principle.

Plain View Elementary
4140 Plain View Hwy, Dunn, NC  28334
Last modified Plain View Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.