Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 22, 2016
this school sucks the teachers are mean and there is to much homework also the teachers don't communicate with each other and give like four projects at once?

Kestrel Heights School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 14, 2015
this school is awful and I do not recommend it at all it sucks. it is awful

Posted April 22, 2015
As an elementary parent, I am extremely disappointed. The teachers are not certified and are not prepared to teach common core. There is no support for the student and all the expectations are on the parent.

Posted October 09, 2014
My daughter has been going to Kestrel Heights Elementary for 2 years now. I really love the school. The teachers and principal are really great. It really feels like a family at Kestrel. I feel that my child is challenged and her teacher offers additional work so that she is not bored in the classroom. I highly recommend Kestrel Heights.

Posted January 29, 2014
This is our first year at Kestrel Elementary. We could not be happier with the education that our daughter has received so far. She has blossomed so much in the last 6 months or so, and we contribute most of that to her teachers. What I love about the school are the "4 R's that they live by: Respect your environment, Respect Yourself, Responsibility, and Respect others! If our children live by these they will grow into caring individuals who care for their enviroments and others. We also adore their teachers. They are so loving and caring, and not just my child's teachers, all of the teachers in the elementary school treat her like their own student. When she is upset they comfort her. They are truly all like family! We could not be happier! Not to mention...she is learning so much! : )

Kestrel Heights School 2

Posted January 04, 2014
I am a student at Kestrel Heights School. I have been going there since the sixth grade and I am now in tenth grade . Although the middle school has had some staff changes, I think it is excellent. The high school is another story. There are only a few good teachers and even the good teachers don't teach advance material. The high school lacks AP and Honors courses because of the lack of staff. The principal doesn't do much to improve the school. The school lacks a cafeteria and an auditorium because of budget problems. The school lacks advanced technology and most of the computers are old or broken. The outdoor environment looks bad. The landscape isn't good and needs work. They also have a bug problem that they never fix. I plan to leave the school after this school year if I can find a better school. Personally I would put my child at the middle school and take them out after eighth grade otherwise your child might be bored and they won't receive the help they need to get into a good college.

Posted December 23, 2013
I have two children at Kestrel Elementary, and we love it there. The teachers are excellent, the special education teachers are outstanding, and my children are thriving. We considered many other schools (private, traditional public, magnet, and charter) before choosing Kestrel, and we definitely made the right choice. The school is small, and the staff all know my children and family.

Posted December 17, 2013
The middle and high school are excellent! I highly recommend them, but the elementary school still needs some work. We transferred our child after a year and a half at the school. Not happy with the teachers there. We had a child there for middle school and is currently in her 2nd year at the high school.

Posted December 12, 2013
Great School! We have two girls here, elementary and high school. We've been part of the Kestrel family for 4 years. We love the warm, nurturing, peaceful environment, caring teachers and staff, ease of communication,regular updates, diversity among student population and staff. We wouldn't want my girls anywhere else!

Kestrel Heights School 4

Posted November 16, 2013
We have been in the new elementary school for over a year now. Last year our son was in the 2nd grade. We were not impressed with the second grade teacher at all; however, the principal was very responsive and worked with us as parents and the teacher so we could find some common ground. This year, in 3rd grade, we are much happier. The primary teacher is excellent and the special teachers are very good. Kestrel is a small school. Everyone knows our names. The elementary school is brand new and is still figuring some things out. I think the school will be excellent with a few more years under its belt.

Kestrel Heights School
4700 South Alston Ave., Durham, NC  27713
Last modified Kestrel Heights School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.