Immaculata Catholic School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Thanks to Immaculata's core values, my five-year-old tells me what it means to be a person of integrity.

Posted February 08, 2008
I have a second grader at Immaculata. I have been completely pleased with this school. The faculty and staff seem to genuinely care about the students which makes for an inviting and warm school climate. The curriculum is challenging yet age appropriate and the program is faith based!

Immaculata Catholic School 0

Posted July 18, 2007
Immaculata has been a wonderful school for my son. The administrative staff and teachers are very professional and seem to care about students. I also appreciate the fact that the school has a small population - which allows students to be known to all. best of all - the students are not only getting a quality education - they are learning to be spiritual and serve others.

Immaculata Catholic School 2

Posted May 02, 2007
- a former student

Posted January 18, 2007
Immaculata is a wonderful school! I've watched both my children grow academically and have rejoiced in their abilities to confidently express themselves, respectfully, in areas that we often discuss such as morality, politics, history, religion, ethical issues, math, science, etc. I owe it to the excellent leadership at Immaculata and the progressive teaching styles of the various teachers at the school. At Immaculata the children are taught that they are not only part of a community, but part of a world to which they are responsible for making a contribution. So not only are the students academically rich, but they are taught that enhancing one's community (local/global) is important. I have nothing but great things to say about a great school. My children have been truly blessed to have had an 'Immanulata' experience.

Posted July 05, 2006

Posted April 19, 2005
We have three children at Immaculata and have been a part of the community since 1998 when our eldest entered PreK. We love Immaculata for its dedication to developing all aspects of a child. The academics are strong and the arts (music and fine arts) have remarkable faculty who bring creativity not only to their classrooms but to the entire school through exhibits, choir, and open houses. We have had wonderful, caring teachers who stress cooperation and charity along with doing your best. Our principal is a gift to ICS. She is tireless and caring and an amazing adminstrator. We also love the high level of parent involvement in the school. It is truly a family atmosphere. We really feel blessed to be a part of Immaculata.

Immaculata Catholic School 4

Posted February 19, 2005

Posted February 08, 2005
We've been at the school for nince years, and it is like a second family. My children are very happy socially and are academically challenged. The principal is wonderful, and the middle school has become very strong. The environment is nurturing and has high moral standards for the children at all times. Every negative situation I've known of has been handled sensitively and effectively. The diversity in the school is great. The school is now accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).

Immaculata Catholic School 3

Posted February 01, 2005
My daughter has been at Immaculata for 2 years and we are removing her from the school. I think the academics are fine, however, I have not been impressed with the teachers and their communication with the parents. My daughter has been bullied at school. She has come home with injuries that broke through her skin and they were intentionally caused by other children (she was stabbed in the hand with a pencil and another child dug her nails into my daughters arm so bad that her nails broke through the skin causing bleeding). We were never notified by the school about either incident (which should be standard when broken skin injuries are involved) and when my daughter tried to tell the teacher in charge about the nail incident, the teacher told her she didn't want to hear it. This is even with a no violence policy in effect (not enforced).

Immaculata Catholic School
721 Burch Avenue, Durham, NC  27701
Last modified Immaculata Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immaculata Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.