Mount Zion Christian Academy 5

Posted June 17, 2014
Great school, great teachers! Dually accredited, and really is a well-priced jewel. Quality education, as well as great bible teaching. Great student to teacher ratio. Really is helping me to train up my children in the way they should go. I have one graduate, and 3 students currently in the school. Teachers really care about the well-being of the students...

Mount Zion Christian Academy 5

Posted June 04, 2013
I attended the school K5-12th the schools is a great one that's dually accreditated & the test scores are high. I notice alot of the disgruntled parents are those of which are the athletes parents. Might I add all of which have no interest in school & half barely came to school. All they ever did was disrupt those of us who truly wanted an education. MZCA had an 100% graduation rate for those who attend k-12 with 95% of people on honor society being k-12 kids. Honestly the dorm program needs to start getting athletes with parents who care about their kids getting an education first not if they can make it to the NBA most of these parents get upset because their kid isn't recruited by a D1 and blame the school. No I got an education & went to college graduated top of my class along with several others in my class. It's not mzca that's your problem it's you & your lack of priorities . School first, basketball last! That way your son will come to class and pay attention versus disrupting!

Posted June 03, 2013
Complete dictatorship, period. Poor environment, bad living conditions in dorms. My child attended this school last year, all they would do in class is work from the textbook; basically the teacher would read word for word from the textbook and claim to be teaching. Why am i paying for my child to read from a textbook and complete section reviews all year if my child can do that at home?. The poor living conditions concern me most, there are no windows or AC in the dormitory, my child would receive 1 plate of food for dinner; a piece of chicken and bread. Disgusted

Posted May 23, 2013
My child was recruited to this school to play a sport, post graduate. I filled out an application, attached all requested paperwork and included a check ($150) for the application fee. The school received the application on or around March 22. I know this because my check was cashed. Rather quickly I might add. I called many times to get an update on the status of my child's application and no one was ever available. I finally got through to the assistant principal on April 30 and was told a committee would be making a decision on my child's acceptance and that I should hear from them by the end of the week(May 3). I was also told the coach that recruited my child was no longer coaching at the school. I was then asked if I was still interested in my child attending Mt. Zion Christian Academy and I said "Yes". As of the writing of this review I have not received not ONE piece of correspondence from this school. Our family has since decided to send our child elsewhere. The lack of professionalism and follow through from the administration is unacceptable. I would never reccommend this school to any student post graduate or otherwise. This was an expensive lesson learned!

Mount Zion Christian Academy 0

Posted April 03, 2010
Great school and basketball program, for the money this school is hands down the best! The food is good and the dorms are very suitable.

Mount Zion Christian Academy 2

Posted January 19, 2009
There is no library at this educational institution. This is a very, very important concern for me. Additionally, boarding students do not have access to the computer lab - with any degree of regularity - after school hours. This creates a problem when either classroom or homework assignments require the use of the internet to conduct research.

Posted January 31, 2008

Mount Zion Christian Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2007
Mount Zion Christian Academy has been a blessing to me and my family. My son has grown spiritually, and academically. He was a part of the boarding school this year and I have to say that he has matured into quite the young man. The faculty and teachers are very friendly and supportive. I was a little nervous at first to send my son so far away from home, but all of my concerns were quickly soothed once I had an opportunity to meet the MZCA staff, who I consider to be my son's family away from home. My son has excelled academically as result of attending and MZCA. I look forward to two (2) more wonderful years at MZCA.

Mount Zion Christian Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2007
Mount Zion Christian Academy has been a great experience for me and my family. The small classroom sizes were a welcome change for my daughter. Her teachers were very caring and helpful. The academic curriculum is challenging and I am confident that my child will be prepared academically for the future. There aren't many extracurricular activities due to the size of the school, but my daughter was very active in those that were offered. I feel like I have support from the faculty in the education of my child.

Mount Zion Christian Academy 2

Posted April 18, 2007
- a former student
Mount Zion Christian Academy is vasty overrated, the staff is of poor quality and students are out of control. - A Former Student

Mount Zion Christian Academy
3519 Fayetteville Street, Durham, NC  27707
Last modified Mount Zion Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Mount Zion Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top