K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 26, 2016
We have had a positive experience at this school. He has been challenged academically & spiritually. It is a great comfort to know when you drop you child off to school that you do not have to worry about their safety or well-being in their care. That is not a feeling you get by going to a public school. The staff is nurturing & loving. Our child is flourishing here & will have an education that last him a lifetime.

Posted January 05, 2016
We transferred from another local private christian school and I must say it has been great! My daughter is in elementary school there and she loves it. It has many of the same features that public schools have such as a library, art classes, full computer lab with smart boards, full gym, music class and secure key code entrances. They just performed their annual Christmas play and it was a hit. I can't wait for the spring performance! All of the items mentioned (and even more) are wonderful. But what really makes it great is my daughter's teacher, the principal and simply how all of the staff I have encountered have a genuine interest in the education and well being of my child.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 30, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Chambers for being a great example for all the children. Thank you teachers for serving as educators for our children, we very much appreciate it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
Gorman teaches the kids about The Bible and our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Teachings based on God's ideas for his creation fully represents the best example honesty, integrity and fairness.

Posted September 30, 2015
What a wonderful school! I couldn't ask for a more quality education and experience than what is offered at Gorman. The most important part is that they teach Christian values, and they teach The Bible. In a smaller setting than public schools, the kids really have an opportunity to be taught without distraction. Thats what we want for our children, right? When school is in, the kids spend just as much time at school than they do awake at home so it's nice that Gorman is like an extension of our home. The kids are in uniform which I particularly appreciate. They also have a nice atheletics program for the middle school students. Right off the highway I find it very convenient as well. GCA is a great investment for your children.

Posted July 08, 2013
Gorman is home to my family! My children have been going to Gorman since they were 4 and 2 years old. They are now 14 and 12. They have had excellent teachers while at Gorman. The staff truly love the kids and have done an exceptional job preparing them for life after GCA. Gorman is led by an exceptional principal, Mrs. Terry Chambers. They have competitive sports that begin as young as 3rd grade, a high-quality drama team that puts on 2 productions a year and they participate in a variety of extra events (spelling bee, math olympics, etc.). They even have a summer camp for 8 weeks each summer. You should go and check Gorman out if you are looking for affordable, Quality Christian education in the Durham, Creedmoor or Butner area. You will FEEL the difference as soon as you step in the doors and meet the people.

Posted June 28, 2010
I cannot say enough about the extrordinary leadership displayed by Mrs. Chambers (Principle). Her passion for creating a Christian environment for children is amazing. The teachers teach...and the kids soak it up. Their expectation for excellence goes beyond the academics and spills into the conduct and respect for adults. It is refreshing to have a place where my children can grow not only in their education but their love for Jesus.

Posted April 13, 2010
My son was at Gorman from age 3 until he finished middle school. The current staff and administration are excellent. I do not possess enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe the principal, Ms. Chambers. My son thrived in the environment provided. My wife and I only wish that they had a High School. The band program is a plus, as are the Middle School Spring Field Trips.

Posted December 03, 2009
Gorman has very caring teachers and administration. This is our son's second year and he will be attending next year.

Posted September 17, 2008
This is the the best Christian Schools in Durham county. My son and daughter both attend. If you want your children to get a Fantastic education with a Christian back then you will want your children to go to this school. The Principal, office and teaching staff are so loving. The tution is reasonable. They have band, and sports programs, before and after school programs also. I would never take my children anywhere else.

3311 East Geer Street, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Gorman Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8