K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our daughter is about to begin 7th grade later this year. We've been at Gorman since the beginning of her 4th grade year. Gorman Christian Academy has an exceptional curriculum that prepares our children for High School, College and life in general. In addition to the curriculum they are teaching our children life skills to prepare them for the workforce later on. The kids are truly challenged academically and the material is constantly reinforced. The transition from public school to private school was handled very delicately with love and care. The staff, students and parents welcomed her with open arms and supported her along her journey at Gorman. Mrs. Chambers and Mrs. Jefferson made us fall in love with this amazing school. Not only is our daughter developing more academically but she's also learning about Christ and how to live life as Christ would. I wish we would have found Gorman sooner!!

Supports LD students: Neutral

They do not have the resources to work with special needs children.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There are books sent home with every assignment with examples of how to complete the work every day!

We have had a positive experience at this school. He has been challenged academically & spiritually. It is a great comfort to know when you drop you child off to school that you do not have to worry about their safety or well-being in their care. That is not a feeling you get by going to a public school. The staff is nurturing & loving. Our child is flourishing here & will have an education that last him a lifetime.

We transferred from another local private christian school and I must say it has been great! My daughter is in elementary school there and she loves it. It has many of the same features that public schools have such as a library, art classes, full computer lab with smart boards, full gym, music class and secure key code entrances. They just performed their annual Christmas play and it was a hit. I can't wait for the spring performance! All of the items mentioned (and even more) are wonderful. But what really makes it great is my daughter's teacher, the principal and simply how all of the staff I have encountered have a genuine interest in the education and well being of my child.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Gorman teaches the kids about The Bible and our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Teachings based on God's ideas for his creation fully represents the best example honesty, integrity and fairness.

What a wonderful school! I couldn't ask for a more quality education and experience than what is offered at Gorman. The most important part is that they teach Christian values, and they teach The Bible. In a smaller setting than public schools, the kids really have an opportunity to be taught without distraction. Thats what we want for our children, right? When school is in, the kids spend just as much time at school than they do awake at home so it's nice that Gorman is like an extension of our home. The kids are in uniform which I particularly appreciate. They also have a nice atheletics program for the middle school students. Right off the highway I find it very convenient as well. GCA is a great investment for your children.

Gorman is home to my family! My children have been going to Gorman since they were 4 and 2 years old. They are now 14 and 12. They have had excellent teachers while at Gorman. The staff truly love the kids and have done an exceptional job preparing them for life after GCA. Gorman is led by an exceptional principal, Mrs. Terry Chambers. They have competitive sports that begin as young as 3rd grade, a high-quality drama team that puts on 2 productions a year and they participate in a variety of extra events (spelling bee, math olympics, etc.). They even have a summer camp for 8 weeks each summer. You should go and check Gorman out if you are looking for affordable, Quality Christian education in the Durham, Creedmoor or Butner area. You will FEEL the difference as soon as you step in the doors and meet the people.

I cannot say enough about the extrordinary leadership displayed by Mrs. Chambers (Principle). Her passion for creating a Christian environment for children is amazing. The teachers teach...and the kids soak it up. Their expectation for excellence goes beyond the academics and spills into the conduct and respect for adults. It is refreshing to have a place where my children can grow not only in their education but their love for Jesus.

My son was at Gorman from age 3 until he finished middle school. The current staff and administration are excellent. I do not possess enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe the principal, Ms. Chambers. My son thrived in the environment provided. My wife and I only wish that they had a High School. The band program is a plus, as are the Middle School Spring Field Trips.

Last modified Gorman Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8