Durham, NC

Posted September 18, 2014
I was a student at TDS for a long time and graduated a year ago, and now, more than ever, I appreciate how much it prepared me for high school. I am soaring through honors and AP classes. I was worried about how I would do in a public high school ( Jordan) after being in a private one for so long. But, I am doing great and only a month in it already seems like home. At TDS there was always a great atmosphere and the teachers genuinely care about you. TDS showed me how to interact with teachers and get them to like you. It showed me what the expectations are and how to behave. It taught me that to be respected you first need to show respect. TDS the best ways to learn and how to do your very best. However, most importantly Triangle Day School taught me to be myself and to be proud of who I am. The teachers, administrators, and students are all so warm and uplifting that it gives you the courage to always give it your all. I love TDS and am so glad I went there. Thank you.

Posted May 18, 2014
TDS has been a very good experience for us since we arrived 3 years ago. The teachers are committed and nurturing. The faculty and staff know every child in the school and the kids all know each other too (from lower school to middle school), which makes it a very comfortable and welcoming environment. The new head (started this year) is fantastic, which has greatly improved communication among the school community and has strengthen the administration. Enrollment seems stable and maybe growing (?)...there were so many applicants for kindergarten this year that there may be two sections starting in the fall. If things continue as they are now, we will be here for the long haul.

Posted November 12, 2013
Triangle Day School is uplifting, caring, kind, nurturing, inclusive and positive. And in this safe and supportive culture a lot of learning happens. We came to Triangle Day School from homeschooling, and my expectations for academically challenging work are high. Class differentiation in middle school provides the pacing and subject matter difficulty that keep my children engaged. The project work helps further develop understanding and introduces variety. I am grateful to the clever and energetic teachers who are the backbone to this great program. TDS sports have been another super experience for my kids. The school (5th-8th) fields teams all year round and my kids have loved learning sports new to them and sharing what they know about their favorites.

Posted November 30, 2012
This is our child's second year at TDS and we couldn't be more pleased. Small class size means every child gets extra attention. Our son's teacher seems to individualize work for to the correct level for each student in the class (didn't know that kind of individualization of lessons was even possible.)

Posted July 07, 2012
We are so happy at TDS. This is my daughters 6th year there. The teachers are very professional, the administration is is helpful, and the families are great. I highly recommend TDS to anyone looking for a rigorous education in a warm and loving environment.

Triangle Day School 1

Posted June 24, 2012
2 3 4 5 The school is not the same school we enrolled in. Some of the teachers have a problem bullying the students and not realizing how much it hurts their self esteem. The leadership is lacking but they are in the process of searching for a new head of school Many families have voiced complaints and hopefully new leadership will help.

Posted September 29, 2011
I have 4 children at TDS and my wife and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of education, the school's leadership, and the availability of the teachers. This has truly been the best decision we could have ever made for our children.

Posted July 06, 2011
Before we decided on TDS we toured several schools without regard to price. When we walked in the school we felt at home. The faculty were very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The kids we interacted with were friendly and confident. We knew that TDS was the school for our kid and in the two years she has been attending she has thrived. The past two summers she has attended camps at another larger independent school and she, on her own, asked the teacher for more difficult homework! TDS addresses the whole child through academics and character building. If you have not toured the school do yourself and your children a favor and do it.

Posted July 06, 2011
My children are very happy at TDS. We feel like the staff listen to our input and makes every attempt to address any concerns or needs we may have. I love the small class sizes and the ability to feel you can make a difference in this setting.

Posted January 26, 2011
My 3 children (1 now in HS) have been enrolled in this school for many years. I have seen a lot of growth over this time. The facilities have grown as has the Curriculum. Dedicated teachers and staff work to foster a community feeling and to teach the individual child. Every child has their own set of strengths and challenges; our teachers work hard to provide for the needs of each child. Lower Schools classes 'buddy' with other LS classes. Middle School kids participate in "Crossroads" to partner with Lower School kids. We have a very high participation rate in our MS sports. There is a before school walking program for kids to add some extra movement to their day. Our PA sponsors Wellness Seminars for parents on topics like Internet Security and Healthy Body Image. Our after school program includes enrichment instructors. There are so many opportunities available to be involved at Triangle Day School. Many new parents share statements like 'My child has blossomed here! I wish we had started here earlier!" As a parent, you just need to say 'Yes!'

Triangle Day School