K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 12, 2015
I couldn't be more pleased with TDS! It is a nurturing "community" full of gifted educators who have a true desire to teach and a student body small enough to interact in a meaningful way. My son has flourished at TDS - he feels loved and valued there. What more could I ask for as a parent.

Posted September 11, 2015
I like the size of the facility and the small student body (around 200). There is a nurturing feeling to the school.

Posted May 11, 2015
TDS has been the perfect place for our daughter's Kindergarten year. We love the small school atmosphere and focus on character education. The teacher-student ration ensures that my daughter receives the attention she needs and allows the teachers to individualize her education, especially in reading and math. We LOVE that the Head of School greets each child in the morning by name and shakes their hand. Seemingly little things like this demonstrate how they prioritize interpersonal relations in the school and value each individual child. I also love that they offer more physical movement opportunities for the children (PE 2x/wk and 2 recess/free time activities per day), which has been shown to improve student performance. While there are some limitations because of the size of the school, there are also great benefits!

Posted May 10, 2015
We have been so pleased with the education and care that our children are getting at Triangle Day School. The teachers spend lots of time with each child and the work each child gets is individualized to what they need to be challenged and to thrive. All the teachers and administrative staff are warm and nurturing, and know each child by name. Really a great place for our children to be.

Posted May 06, 2015
This is our daughter s first year and we have been so happy at TDS. The teachers are very professional and committed to each child, the administration is very helpful and knows all the kids by name, and the families are great with lots of parent involvement. TDS was definitely a hidden gem for us when we moved to Durham last June. I highly recommend TDS to anyone looking for an excellent education in a warm and loving environment.

Posted September 18, 2014
I was a student at TDS for a long time and graduated a year ago, and now, more than ever, I appreciate how much it prepared me for high school. I am soaring through honors and AP classes. I was worried about how I would do in a public high school ( Jordan) after being in a private one for so long. But, I am doing great and only a month in it already seems like home. At TDS there was always a great atmosphere and the teachers genuinely care about you. TDS showed me how to interact with teachers and get them to like you. It showed me what the expectations are and how to behave. It taught me that to be respected you first need to show respect. TDS the best ways to learn and how to do your very best. However, most importantly Triangle Day School taught me to be myself and to be proud of who I am. The teachers, administrators, and students are all so warm and uplifting that it gives you the courage to always give it your all. I love TDS and am so glad I went there. Thank you.

Posted May 18, 2014
TDS has been a very good experience for us since we arrived 3 years ago. The teachers are committed and nurturing. The faculty and staff know every child in the school and the kids all know each other too (from lower school to middle school), which makes it a very comfortable and welcoming environment. The new head (started this year) is fantastic, which has greatly improved communication among the school community and has strengthen the administration. Enrollment seems stable and maybe growing (?)...there were so many applicants for kindergarten this year that there may be two sections starting in the fall. If things continue as they are now, we will be here for the long haul.

Posted November 12, 2013
Triangle Day School is uplifting, caring, kind, nurturing, inclusive and positive. And in this safe and supportive culture a lot of learning happens. We came to Triangle Day School from homeschooling, and my expectations for academically challenging work are high. Class differentiation in middle school provides the pacing and subject matter difficulty that keep my children engaged. The project work helps further develop understanding and introduces variety. I am grateful to the clever and energetic teachers who are the backbone to this great program. TDS sports have been another super experience for my kids. The school (5th-8th) fields teams all year round and my kids have loved learning sports new to them and sharing what they know about their favorites.

Posted November 30, 2012
This is our child's second year at TDS and we couldn't be more pleased. Small class size means every child gets extra attention. Our son's teacher seems to individualize work for to the correct level for each student in the class (didn't know that kind of individualization of lessons was even possible.)

Posted July 07, 2012
We are so happy at TDS. This is my daughters 6th year there. The teachers are very professional, the administration is is helpful, and the families are great. I highly recommend TDS to anyone looking for a rigorous education in a warm and loving environment.

Triangle Day School
4911 Neal Road, Durham, NC  27705
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.
Last modified Triangle Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8