Posted June 20, 2013
I am thrilled with the education my children are receiving at Lerner. Not only are the academics amazing (my children's writing, reading and math skills are well above grade level), but the Jewish flavor of the school is incredible. The students are so comfortable in their Jewish skin, because they live Jewishly everyday at school, with Judaics and t'fillah, and daily Hebrew classes. Jewish values are woven into the secular curriculum, creating a deeper, more meaningful understanding of our faith. Sending our children to Lerner is an investment in our children's future, both academically and spiritually. I can't say enough wonderful things about Lerner!

Posted November 27, 2012
Perfect school for my 3 year old daughter who is very outgoing,curious and creative and courageous at same time. She loves all the arts & Crafts they do at school and enjoy evey time they got out to play in sand. Great teachers, great staff, very warm, friendly.

Posted December 02, 2011
I cannot say enough about how amazing Lerner is as an educational resource for my children. The integrated curriculum means often times my children are having real lessons that I see them apply at home but they think they are having fun. The excitement I hear in my children's voices about what they are learning and their desire to show it off would be enough for me even if I didn't know about the integration and the high level of academic excellence that abounds. Not only is Lerner amazing because of the education in and of itself, but in addition you become a part of an amazing community. There is parent, teacher and student involvement at every level. I never feel "out of the loop". I am amazed and impressed with the friendships my children are making and, added bonus, me too! To be able to have Lerner as a resource in our lives is a blessing beyond words and yet I would go on and on.....

Posted May 11, 2007
Outstanding curriculum, wonderful teachers, family feeling all round!

Posted April 20, 2004
Excellent in both Jewish and secular education. Small class sizes with amazing teachers.

Contact Information

1935 West Cornwallis Road
Durham, NC 27705

School website

Lerner Jewish Community Day School
1935 West Cornwallis Road, Durham, NC  27705
Last modified Lerner Jewish Community Day School is a private school that serves grades PK-5
Lerner Jewish Community Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.