James E Shepard Middle School 3

Posted May 25, 2012
I would like to thank the 8th grader for her courage to leave that comment. I am a parent of a 7th grade boy and what she is saying is true. So true that I want to change his school for his 8th grade year. Me and my husband are very much involved( my husband is a high school teacher). We discipline and encourage. He comes from a good life and we know his friends and their parents. This is why I can truly confirm what she says. I have nothing against the school but parents we must tighten up on our kids. We know their character and disrespect does not come from just the less fortunate kids.

James E Shepard Middle School 3

Posted March 24, 2012
I am currently a 8th grader here at Shepard IB middle school. I have spent about 3 school years in Shepard. I initially hesitated in writing this review because quite a bit of people rated Shepard so highly, but I feel that students and parents should know what Shepard really is currently in 2012. I DO NOT recommend students of high academic capabilities to attend Shepard. It is full of disrespectful, immature, and intolerent students. Everyday I see kids disrespecting teachers and cursing in class OUT LOUD! And the teachers can't do anything because these children don't listen! Take it from someone with 3 years of experience attending Shepard. I wish I could go back in time and change things. The ONLY positive thing about Shepard is its teachers. The staff at Shepard, (only the 8th grade ones) are very competent and high maintenenced. However if your child might crack under peer pressure and pressure to fit in by the students, DO NOT go to Shepard. If you think I am just trolling and hatin' on Shepard, then I will tell you this. I am an Asian student born in beijing, and have lived in Boston, and Wahsington DC before coming to Durham. I also have a grade point average of over 93%.

Posted April 22, 2010
Shepherd has great insight into the future for our youth of today and tomorrow. I look forward to them investing more into their teachers, as the principal invest more into so that they likewise will be able to pour into our students who is the center of our press for promoting this school. The encouragement, the structure and the discipline is paramount throughout the school.

Posted April 22, 2010
The teachers seem to be very connected to the students and eager for them to succeed. My daughter is on the quiet side, and it can take time for her to adjust to new situations. In spite of that, she settled in at Shepard quickly, and seems to be thriving there.

Posted April 22, 2010
The atmosphere is wonderful and it is very obvious the compassion that the staff has for the students.

James E Shepard Middle School 5

Posted April 21, 2010
It is a welcoming, energetic group of faculty and staff and I know my children are getting a solid education.

Posted April 20, 2010
I think the staff at Shepard Middle School cares alot for the students. I love how they push children beyond the limited.

Posted April 20, 2010
James E. Shepard Middle School faculty and staff work hard and consistantly to make their school a productive and positive environment.

Posted April 20, 2010
The administration and teachers really care about the kids and help to motivate them to learn and be invested in the world around them. I have an EC student at Shepard and in addition to all the educational support and motivation they have given him, that have been outstanding regarding his IEP and helping him succeed.

Posted April 19, 2010
I think the staff and faculty Shepard Middle School care very much about the kids entrusted to them. They want their children to push themselves to achieve and grow as students, as young adults and as citizens of their community.

James E Shepard Middle School
2401 Dakota Street, Durham, NC  27707
Last modified James E Shepard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James E Shepard Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top