Chewning Middle 5

Posted September 20, 2014
I don't see why SCS is still tied to the previous school's review. SCS is amazing!!!!! The teachers are fantastic. They do an excellent job at integrating creative work into their lectures and projects. My child seems so well organized and on task. They really motivate their students. Aside from stellar core subject teachers, the electives are so interesting and in depth. I wish there was a school like this when I was young! This school is Durham's best kept secret. I'm so glad we got in when we did- before their lottery gets swamped!

Chewning Middle 4

Posted March 22, 2014
Chewning is now, officially, the School For Creative Studies, a school that honestly breaks the barrier between every other school I have attended.The second I heard about SCS, I just knew this is where I wanted to be. The teachers her are far more than excellent, I just have to say that. First, the core teachers are kind of in the mix. Some are "strict" some are "perfect." The strict teachers aren't really all that strict, they are just a little strict if you choose to disobey the rules, talk out in class and choose not to listen in class. The elective teachers are amazing, again, if you choose to talk out in class and disobey rules, they'll be upset, naturally. When it comes down to it all: the teachers are fantastic, they truly care. The only bad thing about the school doesn't come from the teachers, it comes from the students. There are just some students who just don't care. They don't care if they get bad grades, they could care less and they play games instead of doing work. Fortunately, there is only a small number of those students. A lot of these students are above average, some average and some inbetween. I appreciate the diversity at SCS and how the teachers care.

Posted February 09, 2014
my child has gotten into 7 fights in this school she has a total of 56 missed day please dont enroll your child is a lot of drama its awful hardly no work comes home the teachers are mean and a lot of bullying has been going on and with bullying comes kids committing suicide sad worst school ever

Chewning Middle 5

Posted October 25, 2013
This school is the best in the county, best teachers in the world like Mr. Allen and Mr. Nydick. -Christion Wilson

Posted June 04, 2010
This school is awful. My child has been going to this school for 1 year and during ths year and I am doing my best to see the he never has to attend there again for then next school term. The teachers are awful, hardly any homework comes home, you can never get in touch with teachers. I have left message after message, email after email to no avail. To top everything off Lakeview school was housed there, and what don't the parents have any say in this matter? I really, hate this school, and will never recommend it to anyone I know.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have removed my child from the school for the 2010-2011 school year because of the school's inabilty to retain teachers and because Lakeview School was housed on the site without parent knowledge or approval. I could not get any answer as to why that happened.

Chewning Middle 0

Posted January 28, 2010
I do not recommend Chewning to any parent! That's just not a school to put any child in. I enrolled my daughter to Chewning and we have had bad experiences!! We were so happy once, she graduated 8th grade!!! Now, she goes to Kastral Heights and we love it

Chewning Middle 0

Posted September 13, 2009
I Am A Eighth Grader! I Love Chewning I've Been There since the Sixth Grade! All of the teachers are well educated and know what there doing! They Might Be Strickt but thats what u want! And All Of The Students Are Taught and Leave The School With Great Respect! GO CARDINALS!

Posted July 17, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009

Chewning Middle
5001 Red Mill Road, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Chewning Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chewning Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.