Durham, NC

Posted July 18, 2013
There are some good teachers here, but Administration offers NO support when dealing with troubled kids - and there are LOTS of troubled kids at this school. So, the bad kids rule the classes. I've seen these kids swear at other students AND teachers, throw chairs, uproot desks, scream, tear rooms apart, and inflict violence upon others. Seems Admin's belief is that violence is OK because of where these kids originate. How about teaching society's expectations and values DESPITE where these kids originate so they stand a chance of knowing success. Had to pull my kids out after the year - so obviously the philosophy of this school to placate the tyrants and sacrifice the innocents. Should be able to prosecute Admin and teachers.

Glenn Elementary 4

Posted June 05, 2008
Glenn has been making great progress with his students. I transferred my daughter after she completed the third grade in Orange County, a neighboring district known for higher test scores. She made a 1 on her third grade EOG. This year as a fifth grader, she made a solid level 3. Her scale scored exceeded one year's growth by 16 points. The teachers at Glenn are unsung heroes. They work very hard for all of their students.

Glenn Elementary 0

Posted March 19, 2008
I have seen the quality of work that the teachers at Glenn School have put forth. My sisters children attend this school and have gotten nothing but the best education that they have to offer. Everyone that we have come in contract at Gleen have made a great impact on these children lives. You have so many students at that school that come from other schools in Durham that are behind in reading and math. The principle has an open door policy. He turns no one away. We get the low performing students that some are behavior problems that these other school don't want. So it not fair for these parents to sit back and play the blame game. We as parents & educators play an important role in a child's education. You as a parent can not spend all your time in the streets and expect someone eles to raise your kid!

Glenn Elementary 5

Posted September 17, 2007

Posted May 19, 2006
My son has been attending Glenn Elementary for four year's. The first year was great. His teacher really cared about his education. The second year we started seeing a change for the worst. I spoke with the principal and teacher about how my sons academic needs weren't being met. I didn't feel that all my concerns were taken into consideration. Now the past 2 years have been terrible. I am very disappointed at the teacher, principal, and staff of Glenn Elementary. I have tried speaking with them all and have gotten no positive results. My child's education has been ignored. The over all quality of this school is poor. My son has asked me to put him in another school. Well I have made the decision to move him to a better school before Glenn Elementary fails him completely.

Posted January 10, 2006
My 2 sons went to Glenn Elementary for four years, we were so disappointed with the teachers, principal,and the education they recieved. They didnt get ANY help they needed in certain areas. In four years they didnt get tested for anything. We requested meetings with the teachers and the principal and no help. My oldest son's second grade teacher was so terrible he was scared to see her or the thought of going back to her class. We moved our children out of that school to Merrick-Moore, the first year at that school we had more parent-teacher meetings and group meetings than in 4 years at Glenn! In less than one school year we got help to diognose both boys with ADHD. Several teachers have told us that ever child they work with from Glenn have been about a year behind. For us that's not acceptable!

Glenn Elementary
2415 East Geer Street, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Glenn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenn Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top