Bad
Good

Posted October 24, 2013
I have to say that Holt Elementary School has been a great experience for my two kids and I. Starting off with the nice and welcoming staff. The teachers are great and you can tell that's they not only have experience, but also care about the students in the detailed attention they put into each child. Thank you Holt! :)

Posted October 18, 2013
We are now a magnet school and a language academy, as well as part of the global schools network! We are doing lots of new and exciting projects in all grade levels. I have never seen the students so focused and ready to learn!

Posted October 17, 2013
Holt School is great! The school has great administrators, teachers, staff, and students. Several teachers in each grade level are nationally certified. This year, it became a language academy with Chinese and Spanish being added to the kindergarten curriculum. Holt offers parents several opportunities to be involved. We love the school because is open, not too big, and located in a quiet neighborhood.

Posted October 17, 2013
Holt Hawks are soaring into the 21st Century with Global Integration and Language Academy in Spanish and Chinese! Under the dynamic, collaborative and skilled leadership of Star Sampson and Donya Jones, the hard-working Holt staff has achieved accolades for turning the school into an exemplary Durham Public Schools Global Magnet School. I have worked in Holt for thirteen years, and am a witness to the transformation in our focus and commitment to providing a rigorous, standards-based, and data-driven education, yet at the same time, a positive and supportive learning environment for our students. Sometimes we have broken wings to help fix before they can fly, but all Holt Hawks will leave our nest with self-esteem and confidence SOARING. Each grade level is assigned a continent of the world as their focus, which is integrated into centers and projects for Language Arts, Math and Science, and Enrichment classes that include Art, Computer, Media, Music,P.E.& Science. We would love for you to join us in our efforts to make the future a better place for our children. We would love more volunteers and community involvement with our school. Help our Holt Hawks SOAR into the world!

Posted October 17, 2013
I want to take to the time to rate Holt Elementary Lauguage Academy. The leadership of Star Sampson is second to none. She is everywhere and knows all the children. She is committed to all the children and her school is old yet immaculate. If you have a concern as a parent she wants to know and will fix it immediately. I am very happy at Holt.

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter began public school at Holt Elementary and I couldn't be happier. She was in Mrs. Scott and Mrs. Full's class. They were heaven sent. My daughter took to school right away. Things came easy to her but the things that she struggled with her teachers were always there to help.

Posted August 21, 2013
My child just began kindergarten at this school. I am pleasantly surprised with our experience thus far. The staff is very friendly and caring. The principal is incredible. Her teachers are exceptional -- one is a Duke University MBA. This is their first year with a magnet program focused in global cultures and language arts studies. Children receive daily instruction in their choice Spanish or Mandarin Chinese. Studies show that early foreign language learning increases cognitive development. I also like the year-round calendar. I look forward to waching my child grow and develop at Holt!

Posted March 29, 2005
It is a great school with amazing teachers and very friendly staff. The year-around program and the core knowledge curriculum is a plus. My son is always happy to go to school in the morning!

Holt Elementary Language Academy
4019 Holt School Rd, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Holt Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.