Forest View Elementary 1

Posted May 15, 2014
Horrible school. Never under any circumstance allow your child to attend this school. The vice principle and the principle do not assure your childs safety.

Forest View Elementary 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I've never came across that constantly harrasses a parent like this school has. I understand my child isn't an easy child to tend to being as he was just diagnosed with A.D.H.D but every week i either get called or have a note about my childs behavior the teachers feel that it is okay to ask me if i am medicating my child for the A.D.H.D and if I do not immediately sign and return the note I get called by the assistant principal asking if there have been changes in the family or home as if this is ANY of their BUSINESS. It is frustrating and appalling how this school handles things. I don't recommend this school.

Posted March 04, 2014
Forest View is a healthy school. The principal is friendly, a strong leader, and he trusts his educators. The teachers are knowledgable, loving, creative, and devoted to helping children learn and grow. Parents are very involved and encouraged to participate in their children's learning. My children and I appreciate the science focus and the international community.

Posted August 11, 2013
Forest View Elementary is a great environment to learn for all of its students. It is a multicultural school with an Administration that is very open minded and focused on delivering a wholesome and solid foundation for learning. My children are thriving at FV and I'm so excited to be a part of this community. There are so many unique highlights - Odyssey of the Mind, Book Club, Chorus, Play Pod (the only one in the area) and so many more extra curricular activities for their students.

Posted December 14, 2012
We absolutely LOVE Forest View!! We are new to the area and heard about Durham schools being inferior to nearby Chapel Hill, but we couldn't be more pleased with Forest View. The teachers and principal are caring and truly make it a wonderful place. Our child has learned so much, and I love how the curriculum includes an emphasis on science. We also LOVE the diversity of the student body. Go Falcons!!

Posted November 27, 2012
My son's first American education ( our American dream?!) started right here at Forest View. We have LOVE , plenty, for this school. The ESL teacher had tought /led/guided/helped my son with great compassion and efforts. Only one year, my son could get on a normal track an Language Arts class should be. Thank you. The diversity and very friendly/warm atmosphere were what attracted us. We

Forest View Elementary 0

Posted October 20, 2010
What do I love most about Forest View? I love it that the teachers collaborate to enhance education for all students. A recent example to demonstrate: on a beautiful day in April, the students walked to a nearby creek (part of Duke Forest). The dance, music, gym, and art teachers were there to help make the most of the day. The students played musical instruments, danced, and learned how to identify plants and animals. The technology / science enrichment teacher led them in lessons about the natural world. My daughter came home brimming with excitement and full of stories about her day outside. This outdoor education isn t limited to one day a year at Forest View, however. Most of the classrooms have gardens outside the windows (that are large enough to serve as doors and do for gardening purposes) and teachers conduct lessons during science time and have the students help in the gardens during recess. The kindergartners have a beautiful large garden all to themselves and a bog garden is nearby. My daughter s second grade teacher has the students begin recess every day by running a lap or two around the playground. Each lap is one third of a mile, and students keep records of how many laps they ve run. When they have run five miles, they get a token to put on a bracelet. In this way physical education is combined with the math curriculum. Subject matters are not learned in isolation at Forest View; rather each supports and strengthens the others, leading to a rich and deep educational experience. I also love the fact that there are students from all over the world in my daughter s classroom. One evening she announced at dinner that she loved her school because she could learn about China, India, and Mexico just by talking to her friends. Most of all, however, I love Forest View because my daughter is making tremendous academic and social strides. From the wonderful principal Neil Clay to the amazing specials teachers (one of whom created a 2nd grade science club for girls that meets three times a week after discovering that my daughter felt lonely as a junior scientist) to the incredible classroom teachers, I feel fortunate to send my child there every day.

Forest View Elementary 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Great teachers that care about the students.

Posted May 22, 2010
We still love Forest View. FV has been a wonderful experience for our three children. We have had children there over the past eight years and the school has consistently met their needs. We love so many things about our school: the amazingly diverse population FV has students from more than 25 countries; the teachers and administrators are accessible and helpful; the PTA is a vibrant part of the school; AIG classes, science and art; field trips to natural areas, farms, museums, Duke, and UNC enrich learning; a beautiful campus with a huge playground, sports fields, and a working farm and New Hope Creek nearby, We love being a part of this community and highly recommend the school to others.

Posted November 22, 2009
Great enthusiastic teachers and a great place to send your child. This schools has ratings dragged down by a number of non english speakers. However, there are no behavior problems, and in fact children have a great exposure to other cultures and our child loves it here.

Forest View Elementary
3007 Mount Sinai Road, Durham, NC  27705
Last modified Forest View Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest View Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.