Posted December 12, 2013
We feel so lucky to have benefited from the public Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten so far at George Watts Montessori! The teachers in our daughter's class have helped her excel at learning to read and write, and have stimulated her creative interests in arts, math and science. She has also really enjoyed working in the edible garden. The use of the "grace and courtesy" philosophy throughout the school sets a wonderful tone for learning. We have enjoyed going to many activities at the school. We have also appreciated the diversity in the classroom, although this does mean some test scores are lagging and hurts the "great schools rating." Don't be fooled just by the numbers. This is a GREAT SCHOOL.

Posted January 24, 2012
This school is fantastic! My child has learned so much! He has the most amazing teacher!

George Watts Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and administration are just so caring about the children and do a great job of involving the parents and community as well.

Posted May 20, 2009
My son has received an excellent education at Watts. He has gotten a huge amount of one-on-one attention from tutors and teachers, and has made fantastic progress. The diversity is fantastic, and the atmosphere is very safe and positive. I highly recommend this school, despite the test scores. I almost put my son in private school, but am so glad we decided on Watts instead.

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted November 15, 2008
I have 2 children enrolled at Watts and they love it. It is a Montessori so it has multi-age classrooms and many hands on activities to helps the children learn. The school has a very diverse population and great parent participation across all demographics.

Posted August 03, 2008
My daughter started in Pre-K at Watts and had a great time and a great teacher. The children love to learn in their Montessori classroom.

Posted July 03, 2008

George Watts Elementary 0

Posted July 18, 2007
This school has really helped my son a lot with his reading and math. Great school!

Posted November 08, 2005
Excellent school for children with special needs.

George Watts Elementary
700 Watts Street, Durham, NC  27701
Last modified George Watts Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Watts Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.