Posted July 10, 2013
Caring teachers, great curriculum, involved parents, great school! My child has been very happy at Little River.

Posted May 22, 2013
I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader at Little River. We have been thrilled with the school and have kept our kids here instead of going to private, charter, or magnet schools. The teachers are outstanding. I can't say enough good things about their commitment to teaching, to meeting every child's learning needs, and going above and beyond to care for their students. My son's teachers have visited him in the hospital, and they have contributed their own money to provide scholarships for low-income kids to participate in field trips. I have volunteered in the classrooms and seen first-hand how amazing these teachers are in motivating students to want to learn. The school is orderly and calm, and parents are involved. I highly recommend Little River Elementary.

Posted May 13, 2013
I love this school! The teachers are really great, and the AIG program is the best.

Little River Elementary 3

Posted November 02, 2012
This year my son has a teacher with better communication skills than last year and she genuinely seems to care about my son. We'll see how the rest of the year goes.

Posted December 20, 2011
As a parent of 2 students at LITTLE RIVER for the past 5 years, I am impressed EVERY DAY with the Teachers, the Principals, the Administration, and the Students. This is an outstanding school with Teachers who truly care about the education they are providing to their students, and the students, in turn, appreciate and respect the education they are receiving.

Posted February 10, 2011
We have a 2nd and 4th grader in LR. Each of our children has been blessed with outstanding teachers, principals, and curriculum. Our experience has been excellent. If I had to find one fault, it would be the constant requests for donations, money for this and supplies for that. However, that may be something every school is doing considering budget issues. I'm sure because the parents of LR children are able and willing to respond generously to these requests it has a positive impact on the quality of our school. Thank you LR parents and all of those involved in our school's success.

Little River Elementary 1

Posted August 16, 2010
If first impressions are everything. I would have to say my first impression was awful!. Not the aesthetics but the people were rude. I am new to Nc and have found people to be very rude here. Entering the school to register my son this woman looked at me as if i was trying to sneak into a good school or something. She never introduced her self began to question me about my address, if my son had a ssn , birth certificate etc. JUST RUDE ! NO welcome to the community , let me show you the school , you are going to love it here. After she saw that I had all my paper work and i was in the right school her whole tone changed and was much more receptive. Out of a 5 star rating the school gets 1 for first impressions. Hope open house goes better.

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted September 29, 2009
My kindergartner is in Ms. Caitlin Meseck's class. He is a little advanced in reading for his age. Ms. Meseck has done a wonderful job giving him extra home work and new challenges within the school setting. From my experience with other schools, there are teachers that would have taken advantage of the break (not having to teach). Not Ms. Meseck-she and Mrs. Calhoun continue to go above and beyond the call of duty. I can not express in words how delighted I am to know there are teachers who truly care about children and academics!

Little River Elementary 0

Posted September 22, 2009
The teachers and students are great. It is a great place for kids to learn, I love to volunteer there and catch the excited spirit of the kids to learn. The teachers really care for each student and want only the best for them. The principal is awsome too!

Contact Information

2315 Snow Hill Road
Durham, NC 27712

School website

Little River Elementary
2315 Snow Hill Road, Durham, NC  27712
Last modified Little River Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little River Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.