Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Lowe's Grove Middle School is a one of the great school in our area .

This is my child's first year at this school and she has been bullied, but yet they say my child needs theropy. No grown man or woman has any busy in an students face call the parent it's an matter of respect. Lowes Grove has great programs but it doesn't mean anything if the teacher's and etc not teaching or like working with children.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My child became very excited about music last year with guidence from her music teacher and was chosen for the Inter-County Chorus. However, most of her teachers showed little interest in boosting her efforts as they constantly checked the box on her progress reports (the couple of teachers who sent a report, not all sent them) indicating not to schedule a teacher/parent conference. When I tried to schedule a conference anyway, my requests were met with silence and no answer. The one conference I did have was with her ELA teacher who talked about her requirements, but did seem interested in understanding my childs learning abilities.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel homework is positive reinforcement of tasks and processes of current study. My child seldom had any homework. She was never issued any textbooks so independent study was difficult when there was no order to subject matter being taught with the exception of math. My child is an A-B student but struggles with math and science.

Develops character: Neutral

I cannot say LG Middle does or does not. I can say that the interaction I had with staff on the couple of occasions I contacted the school to address errors on their part, none of these attributes were on display. I am a firm believer that you lead best by example.

My child attended LG Middle 6th grade last year (2014-2015). Fighting and bullying rampant and unchecked. Little to no follow up by teachers. No accountability by staff for school errors. Not a school of technology when they don't even keep their school website updated. You can find old inaccurate info there all the time. This school should be closed or real leadership put in place.

Develops character: Agree

Strong leadership from administration and teachers ensure honesty, integrity and fairness for our students. Lowe's Grove Middle School is on the way back up!!!

Lowe's Grove Middle School is on the way back up!!! New principal Ms. Mitchell is leading our school in the right direction. She is adding good teachers and students are learning more and more now each day. She promotes a safe and effective learning environment and we appreciate it.

My child transferred to this school mid year and out of the all the schools she has been in, this is by far the worst! First, she comes home upset all the time because there is so much disruption from the students in the classes she cannot concentrate and learn. My child has as never been excited about learning, so that must mean it's pretty bad for her to be upset like that. Not to mention that she says that there are always fights and there have been times that the bus had to turn around in the middle of a drop off route to take a kid back to school because he/she had such bad behavior. Additionally, there have been times the bus has been over an hour late getting home and no one bothered to contact any of the parents to let them know about a change of bus drivers that day. Finally, I have yet to see a report card. They were supposedly mailed but I never received it. The one progress report card I have seen only has one class on it. What school does this? So if you're looking for a magnet school to apply to, this is NOT it. Hopefully the kids will start behaving themselves (which comes from discipline at home and at school) to at least make for a bettter experience.

My son just finished 6th grade and had a great experience. To anyone you meet who says LG is not a good school, ask them, "when was the last time you visited the school or talked to a current student?" It's time to turn the reputation around. The principal is great and it is a calm, organized learning environment. My son feels a great sense of pride in his school. Next year, when it becomes a STEM, it will surely get even better!

Last modified Lowe's Grove Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.