Posted September 24, 2009

Merrick-Moore Elementary 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Merrick Moore because it is a daily reminder to the staff that works there that we have so much to do to help create a better world for the future of American kids. The staff at Merrick Moore never give up. There are so many dedicated people whose jobs are extremely difficult. We cater to a very needy population of children. I have worked in many schools from private to public, magnet and charter. Merrick Moore's staff are incredibly caring and could really use the money to initiate some good work.

Posted August 25, 2009
My son attends this school, so far he has done well, I wasn't that excited about him attending Merrick-moore, however, that has change due to the wonderful support from his teachers and staff. They are wonderful!!

Posted June 28, 2005
- a staff

Merrick-Moore Elementary 0

Posted April 10, 2005
Merrick-Moore is a great school despite the many obstacles that make it such a diverse setting. The students behave well and the staff has a vested interest in the well being of all students.

Posted March 03, 2005
I have a fourth grader and a second grader at Merrick Moore. They have been there since Kindergarten. I have been extremely impressed with the school. The teachers are qualified and dedicated. The administration is visible and participative. I am so glad we sent our boys there instead of searching for a private school. They have learned and grown and get lots of great experiences with music, dance and art as well as the basic subjects. Thank you!

Posted September 13, 2004
Merrick-Moore is a school on the grow. It is a school that is constantly improving. We currently have approximately 80% of our at or above grade level. I consider this an excellent achievement for a school that houses classrooms for autistic children, hearing impaired children, and other exceptional children. It is also an excellent achievement for a school where 60% of the children qualify for free or reduced lunch. How many schools can boast such success. Yes, there is always room for improvement. I have no doubt that this school will continue to improve and grow. I have great faith in the teaching and leadership of Merrick-Moore. If you are a concerned parent and want more involvement, come out and join the PTA. Help the school to improve. Don't just sit home and complain.

Posted July 27, 2004
I have had a wonderful experience with my 2 children attending Merrick-Moore Elementary. I believe that the principal is genuinely concerned about the children's education and development and is a great morale builder for the teachers. As with any school, there is room for improvement. But, we cannot expect the principal and the teachers to do it alone. Parental involvement is key to a child's success in school. Learning begins at home and that is the parents' responsibility.

Merrick-Moore Elementary 2

Posted April 21, 2004
This school really needs help. They are not racially equal and the kids are out of control! There are too many kids to one class and the learning is minimal because the some of the kids are not disiplined the way they should be.

Merrick-Moore Elementary
2325 Cheek Road, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Merrick-Moore Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrick-Moore Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top