Oak Grove Elementary 2

Posted January 05, 2014
My two children both attend Oak Grove. It has the outward appearance of a good public school: Good neighborhood, wealthy parents, well behaved children. What they teach at Oak Grove is confusing and often meaningless not at all designed to prepare your children for success in the future. If you are interested in children who regurgitate core curriculum, memorize facts and help the school improve test scores, then you are in the right place. If you child does not fit this mold, good luck getting help. They are parsimonious about doling out resources for special needs children. The Special Ed teacher seems to be illiterate with a computer, but what she lacks in technology she more than WAY makes up for in her ability to interact with the children, so that is good. The teachers make good efforts to be helpful,but when the going gets tough, they are pawns to administration. The school is limited w/technology. They don't seem at all inclined to update use of technology or even utilize valuable parent IT resources on a volunteer basis. To this parent, it is a reflection of poor Principal leadership. I wish the PTA would raise funds for iPads or something actually useful!

Oak Grove Elementary 4

Posted December 30, 2013
I was worried about sending my son to this school because of the rating, but it has turned out wonderfully.

Oak Grove Elementary 5

Posted May 22, 2012
My son is finishing his first year in Kindergarten and it was great. His teacher was Ms. Whitney. I can say I had my doubts about my son entering into the DPS school system but I worked closely with his teacher and she always had a very organized plan for my sons class. It allowed me to see his progress and know what he accomplished through the year. I enjoyed the interaction from the school because they kept me aware of activities and my sons achievement.

Oak Grove Elementary 2

Posted September 21, 2009
I feel like the teachers are not taking time to help children that are behind. My child comes home with homework and can not even begin to explain what it is that she needs to do. This makes me very upset! You're teachers your job is to teach all of the children in the class and make sure they understand what's going on!!!

Posted August 17, 2009

Oak Grove Elementary 3

Posted February 19, 2009

Posted March 27, 2008
horrible school, too much name calling even from the adults :(

Posted August 30, 2005

Oak Grove Elementary
3810 Forest Grove Court, Durham, NC  27703
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.