Posted March 18, 2013
i loveeee southern durham high school...it is a great experince OF A GOOD HIGH SCHOOL..THE TEACHERS PUCH YOU INTIL U PASS...U WONT BE LEFT BEHIND IF U GO TO SOUTHERN DURHAM HIGH ..SPARTAN PRIDE

Posted August 19, 2009
This school is unsafe and I am not sure why the kids go there, as they are not getting an education worth anything.

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008

Southern High 1

Posted August 25, 2008

Posted June 01, 2008
Southern has put a heartache in me for the lack of self-esteem and demotivation that has taken place since my A and A/B Honor roll daugther who went there as a positive child with a bright outlook on her future. From the lack of concern and corrective discipline from the administrative staff at Southern, my daughter feels a lack of self-esteem for her future. If you do not have a extra ordinary child, I do not recommend Southern as it lacks the administrative support for our kids and the quality of teaching is quite low. There is only one teacher I know of at Southern who puts all efforts and concern in her students for achievement and she has yet to be recognized. The scores at Southern are still low in comparison to other schools and I know exacly why. Southern could use a better administrative staff.

Posted January 27, 2007
I admite that I thought Southren High School was not a good school. My step son attends this school and is making great progress. He seems to enjoy it as much as any school.He is making good grades at this school with help from all the teachers there.I found out that the teachers do care, but it's up to the students and parents to make this a great school.The principal and teachers are trying to do just that. Please give Southren a chance.

Posted July 21, 2006
Southern is truly a great school! I didn't know what to expect going there as a young and new teacher, but I was stunned. Many fail to realize you can't judge a school by what you hear...come to Southern, volunteer, and get involved with our students. DO NOT underestimate Southern. We need to remember that our students need love, support and discipline! Which I firmly believe starts at home. Whether you are a parent or someone just talking, get involved with the education of these students. Anybody can talk, but it takes a mighty man or woman to show action! I believe in Southern, even if no one else does! And hats off to Mr. Teal, you are absolutely wonderful! Thank you for all that you do!

Southern High 5

Posted May 23, 2005

Southern High 1

Posted May 21, 2004
I can hardly wait for my children to leave the Durham public Schools. The leadership of this school is subpar. The leadership is lacking in providing academic support for teachers. There is no support for extra-curricular activities, educational or otherwise. I do not recommend Southern High School. It's weak academically and leadershipwise.

Southern High
800 Clayton Road, Durham, NC  27703
Last modified Southern High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southern High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.