Durham, NC

Morehead Montessori 4

Posted June 24, 2013
Great PTA, My son did PreK and is going to Kindergarten, he is reading on his own and writing stories. Good parent involvement to help teachers to better support each student individually. My son became more independent about doing observations and writing on his own, he begs to go to the library, takes a book, sits and reads it on his own. The librarian of the school cares about getting the kids interested in reading. Maybe not the best academic overall achievement, but they have to do Montessori too as well as meet state standards. Also the teachers seem to care about challenging each student.

Morehead Montessori 4

Posted March 31, 2009

Morehead Montessori 5

Posted September 26, 2008
What a great school!! My family and I love it! Everyone from the principal to the teachers are professional, competent and really care about all of the students. The principal and even some teachers know most students and even thier parents by name. The Montessori education helps to produce thoughtful world citizens who normally perform above grade level. I just love it! These days, schools like this are hard to find!

Morehead Montessori 5

Posted March 15, 2007
We have three children who have attended Morehead Montessori and we have had nothing but good things to say about the school. I recommend Morehead to all my friends when they have children starting school. There is a lottery process in order to get in but it is well worth it,especially if you child is chosen to attend. The teachers at Morehead are great and seem to really care about the students. All the teachers know each and every child even if they have never had them in their classroom,which has always impressed us. Morehead is a public magnet school that follows Maria Montessori's method of teaching, which is a great concept for teaching and has helped our children excel in school. There is also, great parent involvement. We love this school!

Morehead Montessori
909 West Cobb Street, Durham, NC  27707
Last modified Morehead Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morehead Montessori Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top