Posted May 26, 2014
I don't have any complaints at all about EK Powe. My daughter is just finishing her first year there and we refused to move to Greenville and commute to keep my daughter there. I wish we could stay. There is great parental involvement and the teachers work well. My daughters kindergarten teacher has my daughter doing and learning new things everyday. The data manager could use some more niceness if I had to come up with a complaint. LOL.

E K Powe Elementary 4

Posted April 17, 2014
teachers and staff are very passionate. though my son is sopposed to be here for only 1 year,they treat him very well, suck as ESL class for him. But I think it would be better if they feedback...

Posted February 08, 2013
This is our neighborhood school and we could not be happier with it! The kindergarten teachers are the absolute best and I have heard nothing but good things about teachers in other grades! The community is amazing and dedicated - we are so excited to be a part of it. The teachers/parents at Powe really take advantage of every opportunity to create unique and wonderful learning environments (e.g., partnering with Schoolhouse of Wonder to have walking field trips, touring local farms, working with students at Duke and NCSSM to explore science, chess, etc). The afterschool program is fabulous and full of amazing art. Great, great, great school all around!

Posted October 28, 2012
Very nice school with the teachers so kind and interesting that we love them very much. my kid likes the maths and spelling classes. Thanks for their cares and interesting classes for the multinational students!

Posted October 13, 2010
I love E.K. Powe because it has become a community in and of itself. I love that within one month of the start of kindergarten, my daughter knew the names of all the teachers and administrators, and they knew hers. I love that they promote many avenues towards learning and try to find the right learning style of every student. I love their inclusivity, their faculty, their administration, their parent community, but mostly the students. And I love that the students love and respect each other. Thank you for this opportunity to share my profound feelings about a truly unique institution.

Posted October 12, 2010
E.K. Powe is a small school with a big heart. Dedicated teachers and committed parents create a great community for teaching children. It's a wonderful place to be.

Posted October 02, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
It serves a diverse neighborhood with many interesting programs and it is a partner with Duke University to improve student achievement and build town-gown relations.

Posted March 21, 2009

Posted June 20, 2008
EK Powe teachers are very dedicated and love their students and families. The school has a very diverse population which makes for a wonderful atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance. Keep working hard soaring eagles...you will continue to SOAR!

E K Powe Elementary
913 9th Street, Durham, NC  27705
Last modified E K Powe Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E K Powe Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top