Bad
Good

I have two children in this school. They have two amazing teachers :) . My children are doing great here .. :)

I am very displeased with this school. My PreK son was sent here for specific needs help. I see no improvement. Communication is poor. Little or no feedback is sent home with my son. Email and phone calls are not responded to at all or only after many attempts. They had no teacher in place for about a month into the school year. I was not informed of this until the day my son started. He had a substitute. Personal things go missing. His lunchbox is always a mess when he gets home, which suggests there is lacking supervision during meals. so does that mean supervision is laking the rest of the time too? He was sent there for help and I see no help at all. I did not have a choice for him to attend here. Stay away from this school. this is not a magnet school it claims to be.

My daughter is in First Grade and I couldn't be happier that I chose this school for her. She has really excelled and the structure of the class and electives are great. The teachers make themselves available and the I'm very pleased with the education that she is receiving.

Of the teachers I know at WGP, they are there to make a difference in kids lives. One at a time. It's time more schools broke out of the mold of looking at children as numbers or minorities and look at them as individuals with dreams and hopes. This school believes in this. And that's why we've chosen to send our kids here.

We have a fantastic, high energy staff, terrific students, and an incredible program. Our Enrichment Classes, full time arts teachers, and beautiful green building make W.G. a great place to be.

My grandson who is in the 4th grade attends this school and we have been very satisfied with the instruction and guidance he has received. I give it 4 stars.

I give it 5 stars! I love it. My kids love it. I have two boys enrolled right now and they love that they can pick electives and enrichment classes each semester. It's like given them a say on what they enjoy in school. Each elective provides reading and math and allows the children to learn and have fun plus engage in things like the piano, computer skill, chorus, band, dance, puppet making, animations, and it goes on and on. It's wonderful. The teachers are very enthused about getting all the children through and getting them to reach their goals by the end of each school year. I love it!

The elective structure is amazing. The teachers are all very good and committed to each student. The facilities are first rate and Principal Chambers is Dynamic and engaging. AIG students are particularly well served.

Just like in most schools there are enthusiastic parents and there are average parents. Over all parents play a big role in supporting PTA activities and coming to meetings.

Last modified W G Pearson Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.