Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My son was horribly bullied at Eno Valley. I have brought this up with the staff here at Easley and they have been monitoring my son for his safety and have effectively dealt with any instances where my son has come to them for support.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I am not involved with this subject, however, my son's teacher does recognize that all of her students are different and will give them different levels of work to do in order to accommodate for these differences.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Teachers are great at carrying themselves as leaders of their students and are great at instilling leadership in their students by giving them jobs and holding them accountable for doing their jobs properly.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school gives their students different jobs and holds them accountable for doing their jobs well. This a great life lesson for them and gives them a sense of pride when they do their jobs right.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great at dealing with escalating problems, controlling their classrooms and keeping in touch with the parents. If I have requested for my son to be monitored for his safety or for his attitude, the teacher does a great job at keeping in touch with me.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school no longer gives out homework and I think this is a great thing. School is for learning school lessons, home is for learning life lessons.

I am so glad that I pulled my son out of Eno Valley Elementary school and placed him into this school. His class last year at Eno went through 6 teachers in one year! The last teacher was fresh out of college, obviously with no de-escalating experience. My son was bullied the entire year, with the principal not really wanting to do anything but punish my son. They were very inconsistent in dealing with that problem. The kids there are uncontrolled, rowdy and rude. I have been outside and heard them out there cursing. My son was involved in several fights because of bullies. I have since moved him to Easley where the teachers actually care about his well-being. He is starting to thrive and now is finally getting his apprehensions about school under control. He spent all year fighting for his safety and he can finally relax. Eno needs to get it together. I don't care what kind of demographics they have going on in that school, every school can be excellent when the staff actually cares about their students and Easley is proof of that. The teachers and support staff keep their promises and are very good at keeping in contact with me about any issues that happen in school. As far as I know, his teacher and after-school staff have been very transparent with me about what has happened with him during the day and have worked with me on controlling any situations. This has helped my son be a much more productive student and has been helping in controlling the attitude that he acquired from going to Eno.

Teacher and student diversity is extremely poor. This school is in need of a serious cultural diversity make-over in every way.There has only been one general education teacher of color at this school since my children have been here in 2012. The new principal lacks experience and has a know- it- all mentality. The classroom sizes are overcrowded and the school did a poor job implementing common core. They are quick to label children before examining poor teaching and poor educational setting. The curriculum is inconsistent and they pick and choose which standards to do each nine weeks. Parents do not get to see if their child improved in the standards that were taught the nine weeks before. They bombard students the last month of school with EOG preparation with content and concepts that were not covered during the school year. This school is highly overrated.

My son is a graduating fifth grader at Easley, I can say that this school has been instrumental in the young person he is today. The opportunities here are endless because the teachers and staff believe in every student. He has loved coming here for the past six years and being an Eagle! :)

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child is in the MU classroom. He has been given every opportunity to learn at his fullest potential including being integrated with his typically developing peers when appropriate. This has not only helped him but has given them the opportunity to experience his learning style as well.

Last modified Easley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.