Posted April 30, 2013
J.C. Sawyer has an amazing parent group that makes this school a wonderful place to be a student. If there is a need, the PTO raises money to take care of it. J.C. Sawyer is a home away from home for the students and the teachers truly care about the students! Teachers have embraced the common core standards for curriculum and are working hard to make sure all students meet these national standards. Students with special needs (learning disabilities AND gifted children) have excellent opportunities to achieve their goals.

Posted April 29, 2013
J. C. Sawyer Elementary is hands-down the best elementary school in the district. The teachers and staff are involved and treat every child with respect. The AIG gifted program is excellent and includes the youngest students (kindergarten) whereas many of the local schools do not until third grade. The Principal works closely with the very strong and active PTO. Together, they have made significant improvements throughout the school. I encourage anyone moving into the area to visit J. C. Sawyer, meet the Principal and take a look around. I think you will walk away with a great feeling about the school and want to send your child/ren there.

J C Sawyer Elementary 4

Posted May 31, 2011
I have been very pleased with the teachers and staff at this school. We moved here from Virginia and although the schools there were much newer with nicer classrooms and better equipment, I've found the teachers at JC Sawyer to be truly interested in my child's learning process. When my children attended the larger schools in VA, I felt like they were just lost in the shuffle and were treated as a "number". The teachers at JC Sawyer have been great at communicating with me regarding his educational goals and progress. His teacher has even called me in the evening and on a Saturday just to give me his test grades or let me know how he's been doing.

Posted March 23, 2010

J C Sawyer Elementary 0

Posted July 03, 2009
I have three children who have attened this school. My oldest will be moving on to middle school next year. I have been very pleased with the teachers and staff at this school. The teachers I have been friendly and helpful. We have had no problems in communitcating with the teachers here and getting help from them when an issue arises. I would recommned this school to anyone looking to move into the area. Keep up the good work guys!

J C Sawyer Elementary 0

Posted January 10, 2009
I recently moved my son here from Albemarle School and can say the experience was a good one. J.C.Sawyer teachers, staff and the other parents were warm and open to us. My son is in the third grade and he is happy to be there and loves his teacher. We love to volunteer for activities and appreciate the diversity my son is exposed to.

J C Sawyer Elementary 3

Posted May 29, 2008
My son attended the 1st grade at this school coming from Raleigh and was a little ahead so he was bored at the beginning. His teacher was wonderful and she was very good at giving the kids one on one attention. I did not care for the principal too much, he seemed to always 'pass the buck' when issues arised.

Posted March 17, 2008

Posted July 30, 2007

Posted June 08, 2007
I have 2 children at JC Sawyer and we have been there for 4 years. I have been very satisfied with the teachers and leadership in this school. I also am very pleased to be in a school with so much parental support and involvement.

J C Sawyer Elementary
1007 Park Street, Elizabeth City, NC  27909
Last modified J C Sawyer Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J C Sawyer Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.