Northeastern High 5

Posted April 14, 2014
This school in my opinion has to be one of the greatest schools in the county. North eastern high school is by far an amazing school. wouldn't want to be at any other school.

Posted August 11, 2012
I was concerned since we were moving to Elizabeth City from a much larger & newer high school in VA. My children have attended NE for a few years now & I have been nothing but pleasantly suprised. It is obviously an older school. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles that a new school can offer but the quality of the school depends on the staff much more than the building itself. This is where Northeastern excels. The staff is wonderful & the new principal is VERY hands-on. The teachers actually know most of the children by name and can tell you how they are doing in other classes & what activities they are involved in. I can't tell you how many times I've ran into teachers in town who have stopped to talk to me or my children. The athletics are also top-notch. The football team has been to the state play-offs and produced many players who have went on to Division I colleges, the cheerleading squad to nationals, and a number of the other teams like the swim team, girls volleyball/basketball, etc are equally impressive. NE also has the highest graduation rate in the region. On a side-note, my kids are biracial and I am thrilled with how well the school is integrated.

Northeastern High 5

Posted October 15, 2009
My kids are very involved have many friends and enjoy their Teachers. I was told that this would be a bad school because of race we have not found this to be an issue. I think this school has been the best pick for my kids. Get involved and meet your teachers. My kids were asked if they were interested in moving back home to our family and they all said NO! Way to go Northeastern Teachers your the reason the school is what it is!

Northeastern High 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Northeastern is a wonderful high school. It is racially diverse and it provides all students an equal opportunity. Excellent academics and athletics.

Northeastern High 1

Posted June 08, 2009
Too many politics, racial issues etc...Burned out teachers and unsupportive administration to the teachers.

Posted January 04, 2009
not all high schools, are perfect, northeastern less perfect that most, but its a good school. The teachers do there job and they are many good institutions there-such as band-that makes northeastern a fun place for high school memories.

Northeastern High 2

Posted November 12, 2008
i dont like this school. their is a lot of violence and bad teachers too

Posted March 24, 2005
- a former student

Northeastern High 2

Posted February 10, 2005

Posted October 21, 2004

Northeastern High
963 Oak Stump Road, Elizabeth City, NC  27909
Last modified Northeastern High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeastern High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.