Posted November 26, 2013
This school is horrible. Ms. Adams seems afraid to confront her staff who are imbecilic in how they treat children. One teacher in fact, Ms. Jackson, has an attitude, belittles children, rolls her eyes and is rude daily. If you can enroll your child ANYWHERE else, do so...this school is horrendous. I am immersed in my child's educational experience, have lived several different areas due to military involvment and professional choice, but have rarely found any school that is this disorganized and chaotic.

Sheep-Harney Elementary 4

Posted October 23, 2012
I think this school is a wonderful School. Mrs. Adams and her teachers have made this school a great place to work and learn. My children have been her for three years and I wish that my child could have had their teacher move up a grade level with them. The problem I see is the parent invovlement. You have parents who complain but are never in the childs education life and want the teacher to do what they want them to do. It is the teachers classroom and i think some parents forget that. I come to almost everything that the school has and some parents never show up, these are the parents who complain the most. I dont want o mention names but the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers from the 2011-2012 school year were awesome and my children are much better kids now. Morally due to the leadership and discipline these teachers have done in the class for my little ones. Mrs. Adams is always helpful and will work with parents on any concerns we have.

Posted September 12, 2012
If you are looking for reverse discrimination and hostility towards the children, this is the place for your kids. The yelling that goes on, there, is frightening. Let's not forget that lock downs happen regularly, in the area. I feel for any child that has to attend school there. So so very happy we moved away from the area. Still reeling from the things my kids had to endure.

Posted August 22, 2012
This schools needs a new everything. If you can put your kids in another school. We are trying to get our kids transferred out or move to another city. This school does not care what parents have to say and neither does the school board!

Sheep-Harney Elementary 4

Posted February 24, 2011
I think Mrs, Adams and her staff do a wonderful job and always welcome my input and concerns. If I have a question I ask and I always get an answer back. I would like to see the childs expectation level raised and extra attention put on math and reading. Parents need to get involved as I know I never see but the same few.

Posted September 25, 2007

Sheep-Harney Elementary 3

Posted September 12, 2007
This is my children's second year in this school. They previously were at a private school. This school has many problems. We have a new principal this year; I am very pleased with her efforts and guidance. I believe if families attended the schools they are supposed to attend based on zoning that this school would be in a better position to do well. I think most teachers here really care and try to nurture the kids. Parental involvement could be better. I think that if more parents were involved the school would do so much better. We cannot lay blame on the school alone; we have to support the teachers and make sure the children are doing their part. I would love to see this schol excel. It has the potential to shine and I believe it will w/ the new leadership.

Posted June 04, 2007

Posted January 25, 2007
It is now 2007 and nothing has changed the school is in trouble and the quality of teachers is worse than ever. Please dont be so quick to blame the childrens home life. The school itself does not want 'new' people to be part of or assist in any change. As a parent of children attending this school I can tell I have tried to help and have been sadly unable to even be considered part of their group. This school does not want change and posting this information for people looking to move into the school district is our duty.

Sheep-Harney Elementary 3

Posted December 12, 2006
I am greatly dishearted at the fact that all of these parents are so quick to blame this school for the problems that our community creates. I do think there are steps that need to be taken by the state to help but I also think the help needs to start in the homes of these children so that when they get to school they are well informed, caught up and ready to learn. With all this negativity it's no wonder this school is in trouble!

Sheep-Harney Elementary
200 West Elizabeth Street, Elizabeth City, NC  27909
Last modified Sheep-Harney Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheep-Harney Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.