Posted April 08, 2009

River Road Middle 3

Posted December 16, 2007

Posted October 23, 2007
This is the second year I have had a child in the school and I have been most pleased with the offerings. The band gives kids an alternative to sports, but the variety of sports are fantastic too. The teachers work closely with the students and are easily accessible through email as well as conferences when requested and the administration makes sure the kids have a safe learning atmosphere. As a parent, it also is pleasing to see the level of involvement of the parents. I am thrilled my child attends RRMS and look forward to a few more years.

River Road Middle 2

Posted August 14, 2006
I am a parent and a former Teacher at River Road Middle School. The school puts on a great facade, but it's all JUST a facade. All of the decent, caring,and supportive staff members are leaving at a rapid pace. My overall experience there was OK, the students were GREAT, and I became good friends with many staff memebers.

River Road Middle 1

Posted December 01, 2005
This school has been the most disturbing experience for my children. My oldest has stated clearly that High school was a blessing. The administrative staff has left alot to be desired. Nobody seems to listen or care. The safety is less than desirable, the victim treated as the aggressor. If a parent dares to question policy the children are mistreated. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many lies the staff has been caught in to protect themselves and each other. The state truly needs to investigate this school.

River Road Middle 1

Posted October 29, 2005
This school is a huge dissapointment. There is no warmth and nurturing whatsoever. It is run more like a prison environment filled with so many rules the children are thououghly confussed. For the 5th year in a row the school has not met the AYP standards for the No Child Left Behind Act. It's time for the state to come in and clean this place up. 3 of the 4 feeder schools meet all growth standards and hold levels of distinction. What happens when the get to this Middle School is a turn off from the educational process. By the time the High School gets them its's too late too much damage is done and consequently the High Schools scores are equally poor. Parent involvment is welcome long as you do not express your concerns or opinions.

Posted November 05, 2004
Our family moved the Elizabeth City from Charlotte NC. My son who is in 8th grade enjoys the school and the teachers are easy to communicate with. They have phones in the class, so if your having issues with your child, the teacher can be easily accessed. They keep the kids involved, which is much different than the bigger schools. They always take the time to inform me of events and update me on my son progress or lack of whichever the case may be. I've been in many schools in larger cities and I really like the safety for the kids, and the school is clean. Good luck.

River Road Middle 4

Posted October 21, 2004

River Road Middle
1701 River Road, Elizabeth City, NC  27909
Last modified River Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Road Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.