Posted September 14, 2013
1. morning snacks that were offered to my son were cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars. 2. I would drop my son off in the mornings and the children were all glued to the TV. On a few occasions they were watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. I would drop William off at different times and pick him up at all different times to observe what they were doing. Every single time I was there they were all glued to the television and one child was told to sit back down and watch TV when he got up. 3. The field trip that we went on to the Aquarium was so unorganized. The teacher was extremely late, didn't speak to me or my child, and was just sitting around talking when we first got inside. 4. TV's were used during nap times. 5. The director posted this on her Facebook page directed at a parent: "IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE PRESCHOOL'S FAULT THAT CHILDREN DON'T LEARN AND GET PREPARED FOR KINDERGARTEN. WHEN THE CHILD DOES NOT HAVE RESPECT TAUGHT AT HOME THE TEACHER CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THE CHILD ABSORBS SOME OF THE MANY SKILLS TAUGHT."So very unprofessional. She was on Facebook all day while at work.

Albemarle School 5

Posted March 26, 2013
My children graduated from Albemarle. They are both well adjusted and had no problem being accepted to many NC colleges. I loved that they were giving a chance to grow as a student, a leader and helping their fellow students. Giving the correct guidance most children will rise to the challege, that's what Albemarle gives students. Mine loved their time at Albemarle and still volunteer just like that were shown as they grew up there. I highly recommend Albemare over any school in the area.

Albemarle School 4

Posted July 09, 2012
Albemarle School is a safe, nuturing place. Students are valued and encouraged to succeed. It has a family atmosphere. I have three children there. So far I am pleased. There is no such thing as a perfect school. It does require students, teachers, and parents to work together to get the most out of education. It is a private school and depends heavily on parental involvement. I appreciate that. I want to be active in my children's education. At Albemarle School, that is welcomed. You don't just drop your child off at the door and expect them to succeed. Parent's are welcomed to go on field trips, volunteer time for school happenings and improvements, and get involved on school committees. Fundraising is a neccessary evil. Tuition does not cover all needs. They do not receive any money from the state. the California Achievement Test (CAT) is given every year. It is a nationally normed test which means it shows a comparison to children all over the United States, not just North Carolina. My children have always scored in the ninety plus percentiles. That assures me that they are learning and excelling in their academics. Technology is a need at Albemarle School.

Albemarle School 4

Posted June 08, 2011
At first I wasn't happy with this school when my daughter started going there at age 3. I spoke to the people in administraive and they were able to transfer her into another classroom. Once she was transfered and had a better teacher we really started to like the school. She is still attending Albemarle School and we plan on keeping her there. If you are unhappy with something that happens there talk to the principal or people in the administrative department. They will try there best to help you out. They helped us and we are very happy there now. Just because a place looks a little run down inside doesn't mean at all it is a bad school.The person who wrote that the school smells is wrong. There isn't a foul smell. I wold recommend this school to everyone. The kids learn alot.

Posted May 17, 2010
Not impressed. My daughter is attending preschool here and I can't wait to pull her out. There is an extreme lack in teaching courtesy and being mindful of others. The educational bearings aren't impressive either. Daily my daughter is pushed around and bullied by other students in her class, the issue has been brought to the teacher and administration and nothing has changed. There isn't a lot of focus on academics, it's an expensive play date. The building is in poor condition and has a foul odor. I would not recommend this school to anyone who values their child's education and emotional well being.

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted January 10, 2009

Posted September 10, 2008

Albemarle School 2

Posted September 03, 2008
Albemarle school is a good and safe enviroment... but i do not recomnend this school to anyone because the education is poor and it is not clean at all and the teachers do not know how to teach. If you have a payment issue they will work with you for a sort amont of time but not long enough . This school will not perpare you for collage!!!

Albemarle School 0

Posted August 23, 2007
Both my son and my daughter attend this school. All I can is I love the environment that my children are learning in. I have a very open line of communication with my kids' teachers and this is encouraged. In addition to this, I am encouraged to stop in, to go on field trips, and generally be involved! I love it. Academically I am very happy with what is being taught. Kudos to the school I would not trust my children to the public school system here in E City. Anyone who can afford private school and wants a good education with a great family friend environment for their kids should consider Albemarle. We love it.

Albemarle School