Elm City, NC

Posted September 05, 2012
As Always, With Time , Things Change, Seasons come and seasons go! BUT, This School Is Just getting Better!!! I have 3 Children in Here and They Love it! This School is VERY active and full of Heart!!! They Welcome Parents to come be apart of them daily! I have seen so many parents volunteering up their between last year and this year and Its Awsome!!! The Children are so Well behaved when you see them in the halls!! And I Adore the Principle!!!!! He's absolutely Wonderful with the Children!!! Change is Inevidible with time. Change was great for Coopers!!! Im VERY Happy with IT!!!

Posted May 31, 2012
Agreed. Mr. Catalano is not living up to his duties as a principal. I wish so badly thaat Mrs. Sutton would come back! What used to be a small hometown school, is now a living nightmare! Some of the best teachers in the school, are retiring, and being replaced by new, and unexpirenced teachers. WE MISS THE OLD COOPERS! THE SCHOOL WHERE, BEILIEVING, SUCCEEDING, AND ACHIEVEING IS FOUND!

Coopers Elementary 2

Posted May 22, 2012
In the 15 years I have put children through school, I can honestly say this has been he worst year ever. It has been a constant struggle to keep my first grader from crying every morning prior to school, due to his teacher. He has even lost his snack priveliges for punishment. Our family has had poor to no support from the staff, and also new principle. Coopers is not what it use to be. No longer a small hometown school. Such a shame!

Posted May 16, 2012
Coopers Elementary School has excellent teachers (best in the district), a strong principal and school leadership. Coopers offers challenging academic enhancement and enrichment programs and activities like Algebra Club, Chess Club, Exploratory Wheel Class Choices(in morning 45 min. everyday), Student Council, Battle of the Books, Quiz Bowl, and many, many, others. WE <3 COOPERS! WE ARE THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS! :)

Posted August 29, 2007
We moved here from Va in March 2007.So far we have really been impressed with the school system. Everyone has made us feel welcome and our son as well. he seems to enjoy it and is doing real well. Keep up the good work.

Posted January 31, 2007
This school is cream of the crop! I think they should teach through 12th grade!! The teachers are very loving and compassionate. My chilren are/were well nurtured. The principal knows the kids by name and they respect her. She is very upbeat and creates a positive environment for her teachers and it shows with the students progress and the smiles on their faces. LOTS of parental involvement!! Thank you coopers!

Posted January 20, 2005
I could not handpick a better school for my students. I have been thouroughly pleased with every aspect. Recently my family has been thinking of relocating to another county. I have spent a few months researching the schools in that county. I find myself comparing the other schools to Coopers and not one has 'measured up'. If indeed we do decide to move, leaving this school system will be the hardest part.

Posted March 16, 2004
I really like coopers school. I have three children their and for the pasted four years I have been very pleased. My oldest son is leaving this school year. And I will have two more children going next year. I coundn't be more pleased. I wish that other schools could be like 'Coopers' I would like to say that Coopers has a great staff. Thank You Teachers!

Coopers Elementary 4

Posted February 24, 2004
I think all parents across all counties should get together & try to ban this end of grade testing for 3,4 & 5 graders. I do agree with the last comment that it is only training the students to memorize the problems. When they reach High School most of them will not even remember any of that stuff. I think that the Government should take a look at this & stop rating schools based on Money. That if each district or school don't rate a certain way that it won't get funding. It is all about $$ & not the welfare of the children. Kids need to know the fundamentals of English, Math, etc ..& not how to take a test.

Posted February 23, 2004
Coopers is an excellent school. My daughters have benefitted academically and emotionally while being students at the school. During the past two years, we have enjoyed watching our daughters pull up their grades due to the tremendous help the teachers provide!

Coopers Elementary
6833 State Highway 58, Elm City, NC  27822
Last modified Coopers Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coopers Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top