Bad
Good

My daughter has attended E.C.E going on 4 years now. She scores very high in every area and is learning well. The school has had a lot of upgrades in appearance this year and it is looking great. I believe the teachers are good and are working as hard as they can. The area where there is a need for help is in parental involvement. Parents do not seem to participate well in this area and it directly affects how well their children perform and how much a teacher can do for them. My husband and I participate in nearly everything the school does and we are often thanked by the teachers and told how much they wished more parents would do the same. Parents need to realize they can't just toss their kids into the school system and hope everything turns out alright. If parents do not get excited about school with their kids, their children won't be enthusiastic about learning either. Educating children is a working relationship between teachers and parents and the school system. The school is great!! The principal and asst. principal and teaching staff are great!

My son has been a student at Elm City Elementary for 5 years now and I have only good things to say about the school. My son is excelling and I give the credit to the excellent teachers he has had. I believe that the low ratings have more to do with the lack of parental involvement in their children's education than any deficiency on the schools part. The school is always spotless and in good repair as well for such an old building.

I have had no problems at Elm City Elementary. I think the majority of the teachers are very well qualified and I have been satisfied with my kids learning experiences there. I do think the building could use some definite improvements (especially bathrooms). I have seen a noticeable difference in teacher morale since Mrs. Ray stepped in. I do hope our EOG results improve this year!

My Kindergartener started the year off rough. Not because of her academic ability but becasue of the amount of behavior problems her teacher had to deal with that interfered with learning. As the year had gone on she has learned to just continue working during distruptive times if allowed. I too agree that the school is old and in need of repairs. Some of the classrooms are so overcrowded that teachers can barely teach. 1 teacher and one assistant to 28 Kindergarteners is to crowded. This school need some $$ alloted to growth and especially with the growth that WIlson OCunty is experiencing.

Last modified Elm City Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.