Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary 1

Posted March 27, 2012
The teacher this year has told my daughter she is not "girly" enough over and over. She is told not to get dirty, she is told she should wear "pretty" cloths, ect. When I approached the teacher she said that is was "for her own good". When I spoke to the principal I was told the teacher was only trying to help my daughter and that I should think about taking her advice. So my straight A student is now dealing with low self esteem due to the staff of this school all because she's not "dainty". Before this she was a very outgoing happy girl. We will not be returning to this school next year.

Posted November 10, 2010
Great school with great kids and teachers!!

Posted October 22, 2010
My granddaughter attends A-O and I believe it is a wonderful school.

Posted October 20, 2010
exceptional staff/parent cooporation. education at iy's best

Posted October 19, 2010
It is the BEST elementary school!!!

Posted October 18, 2010
I have worked at Altamahaw-Ossipee Elementary School for 15 years and love every minute of it. The staff, parents, and students are the best anywhere!

Posted October 18, 2010
We have wonderful children, parents and a hard-working dedicated staff.

Posted October 16, 2010
It is a great place to be!!! Children come first, parents are supportive, and the teachers are great. There is a sense of community everywhere.

Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary 4

Posted October 15, 2010
AO has wonderful students, teachers, parents and an outstanding PTA.

Posted March 12, 2010

Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary
2832 North Carolina 87, Elon, NC  27244
Last modified Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.