Farmville, NC

Posted April 26, 2015
Any school that teaches our children that Islamic religion is the way of life, is not an American school. You who allow this are weak and a disgrace to AMERICA! Shame on the principle of this school. Pack a water, because it's very hot where your going and no, there are no virgins!

Posted September 03, 2013
Offers plenty of honor classes and extracurricular actives. Great staff and overall good teachers. Just concerned about the safety of the environment, although there is an officer. Needs to enforce and establish a healthy community.

Farmville Central High School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
I went here for four years and loved it! The school is what you make of it! There are lots of sports, clubs, AP/Honors classes but you have to WANT to get involved! There are some students who do bad things- sell drugs, party too much, etc.. but every school has that! You just have to know who to stay away from and actually make a point to avoid them! At the end of the day 'the choice is yours'- my principal would always say! Make the most of it! It's Pitt county's best kept secret!! - Class of 2007 student

Posted January 30, 2009
I really dont think that my school is safe. The teaschers act like they dont care and the principals are not doning there duties with the uniforms or anything else. The officer acts like hes scared of the students. I think that the students have taken over.

Posted November 13, 2008
I'm now a sophmore at this school, and although the classes are pretty easy, the teachers are very good at what they do. I will admit the administration is having trouble enforcing the new uniform policy, and that there spending to much time worrying about it, but the staff seem to be more motivated with our new principle, and everything seems to be flowing better than it was last year

Posted November 04, 2007
I don't think fchs is a good school. I think some of the staff is racist.they aren't fair to some students because of mistakes made in their past. my child hates this school and I'm enrolling him in to JH rose .

Posted March 28, 2007
My daughter is a freshwoman at FCHS this year. At the beginning of the school year I had hard time getting her to attend FCHS although she attended FMS for 2 years. She wanted to go to JH Rose. However, she ended going to FCHS and loving it 100% academics are excellent but she needs more AP courses. Doing tons of extra-curriculum activities. Representing school in competitions. However there are some problems. Teachers have to have individual study plan for each student. Some less serious students are pulling the serious students down with their acting out behaviors and lack of motivation in class.

Posted June 24, 2006
The administration is not fair nor consistant with discipline. I have not witnessed any effort made by the administration working with or offering support to its faculty or staff. This school definitely is not a site managed by an administration that knows what it is doing. Most of the teachers seem open and respond to problems and concerns. I just wished they were working in a happier environment. It is no wonder why there is so much turn over in the teaching staff. My child liked his teachers. Most of the teachers seem to be really concerned that he is successful. I only wish the county would replace the administrators with a new staff that knows what they are doing.

Farmville Central High School 4

Posted June 17, 2006
Farmville Central High School is the best kept secret in Pitt County. The school is small enough so the teachers know the students, but is growing in size to accomodate more advanced academic courses. The school also has a strong arts program. I don't think parents would know much about teacher morale, but teachers are regularly present at and support student events. Student test scores are typically above the county average. Accurate scores can be accessed through the NC DPI website. The school also has some of the top sports programs and has two state championship teams this year.

Farmville Central High School 2

Posted May 13, 2006
The students at Farmville Central are for the most part not reading at grade level and nothing is being done about it. The teachers that are trying to effect change at the school are/were worn-out several months ago and just seem to be doing time with the students now. The Principals are nice people but seem to at times not have a clue. The moral of the staff is the lowest I have ever seen at a small school as this. The Principals enforcement of attandance and discipline policy is a joke. As a teacher and parent I would not and do not plan on allowing my child to attend unless changes are made.

Farmville Central High School
3308 East Wilson Street, Farmville, NC  27828
Last modified Farmville Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farmville Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top