Farmville, NC

Posted November 04, 2014
My son is in the 4th grade at Sam Bundy and we have had a good experience overall. His teachers have always responded quickly when I emailed with questions or asked to meet with them. The teachers and staff really care about the students and their success.

Sam D Bundy Elementary School 5

Posted November 04, 2014
I like it I be there the teachers was nice and stuff now my 2 kids went there too

Sam D Bundy Elementary School 5

Posted September 20, 2014
My son just started third grade at Sam D. Bundy. I think myself and my son was nervous because he had been at HB Sugg from K-2, and this was a step up. However, we overcome the feeling very quickly, my experience has been excellent. The staff has been hand on to discuss my child. I feel safe leaving him at school and going to work. Ive been impressed with how this school has enriched my child. Im so grateful, im looking forward to the rest of the year.

Posted January 03, 2006
This school has really gotten an unfair commentary in the past. There is no school in the district that works harder to bring test scores up and provide a safe learning environment that Sam Bundy. The Saturday academy requires students, teachers and staff to be present 6 days a week beginning in February and extending until May. It is not uncommon at all to see Teacher's and Principal's cars still there after 10 p.m. on nearly any given night. They have a lot of children there on special medications with serious problems, but still manage to provide a safe environment for all children. Their zero tolerance is very much needed and appreciated by others that attend that school.

Posted January 01, 2006
In four years Bundy has climbed 36.5 points on NC ABCs (49.5% to 87%). It met all NCLB-AYP benchmarks (including EC) in 2004. There is zero tolerance to fighting and disruption. Bundy has been selected by the NCAESP as a Light House School of Excellence and twice recognized as an Entrepreneurial School by the PC Educational Foundation. Teachers, administration, and parents DO have high expectations for all children regardless of their social or socio economic situation. Biggest shortcoming... lack of time for training. An inadequate number of support personnel to support staff training make it difficult for training to occur except after hours. Unlike middle school who have two daily planning periods and PK-3 who have numerous teacher assistants, this staff has neither. The principal asks nothing of her staff that she is not willing to do herself. Afterschool programs include after school tutorials, Saturday Academy, Chess Club and Leadership Academy.

Sam D Bundy Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2004
I have to agree that Sam Bundy is not a positive environment in which a child should learn. The principal is easily agitated and not helpful to the staff. She expects way too much from her teachers, which in turn gives them no time to focus on their primary responsibilities as a teacher. If there is a lot of negatisim at the school, it is because the teachers have to put up with a severe lack of parent involvement, a principal who puts the blame on everyone but herself, and way too much gossip among certain staff members. I have pulled my child from that school and will never send her back. There needs to be some major changes at the school.

Posted May 03, 2004
I was very upset when I read a review of Bundy school. I have had two children who have attended Bundy. One was AG and the other learning disabled. Both of my children had wonderful teachers and supportive adminiatrators. I feel very lucky to have this school to support the needs of my very different children. Bundy has a very supportive environment. If there is any weakness it is lack of parental support. As a former officer of the parent organizattion, I know how little parents are involved. Much of what is done for students at Bundy is done by the staff. I know personally of staff members who pay for clothes, shoes, and supplies for needy students. Parents who feel a lack of communication are just not making the effort. There are weekly folders, reqiured parent phone contacts, conference days, etc. Maybe you should look to your child if you are not receiving the comunications you feel you should be getting. As usual it is the people who have a complaint that take the time to respond. Please don't judge a wonderful school by someone with an axe to grind. Take a visit, and look at the test score growth and then decide for yourself.

Sam D Bundy Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2004
I have personally never been so disappointed in a school. I grew up in the Farmville Schools and I am so ashamed to tell people that my children go to this school. It is absolutely the worse learning enviroment. There is no teacher to parent contact. They teachers and this school expect the children to be totally responsible for everything. I never know if my child has homework as it is not enforced that she write it down. I get very little handouts as far as knowing what is going on in the classroom. I would have to sit in the class all day to know what is going on. I understand it is not the teachers duty to worry about the parents but instead to teach the children. But in order for me to help my child succeed, I have to be aware of what is going on in the classroom. My child has had 3 teachers this year. Turnover is extremely high and it is so disruptive to our children's learning.

Sam D Bundy Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2003
The principal is very well qualified for the position and has introduced many new concepts to the school that have improved the school on a whole. The school is going through a major transition. Litercy collabrative is being introduced as well as being a Comer school. All this makes for a better school as well as alot of paper work for the teachers. I think it could be a great school. There are good teachers there because of nearby ECU. Teacher turnover is high. The assistant principal has a Duke law degree. You form your own opinion - parent vs. lawyer on any issue. The PTA is not a very well representation of the school body. I do not feel the teachers are a good team. The atmosphere in the school is not a friendly, caring, loving school, most teachers seem to be just getting through the day to get a paycheck. The students learn and make the test scores, but not in a fun, friendly and in the best atmosphere. Part of that atmosphere comes from the parents of the students also. The school is full of students from low income, low educated parents. The teachers have alot more than just education to deal with in their day. The lunch room management is just sad. It is sad how Rose H.S. gets money badly needed in county school.

Sam D Bundy Elementary School
3994 Grimmersburg Street, Farmville, NC  27828
(252) 753-2013
Last modified Sam D Bundy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sam D Bundy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top