Fayetteville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,508

Posted April 28, 2014
My son goes to Cape Fear HS in Fayetteville NC. It is the best school he has gone to. We came from Indiana and the school he went to there for 8 years was the worse. He had technically failed every year but they wouldn't hold him back no matter what I did or said. He started Cape Fear as a 10th grader so this is his 2nd year and his grades for these 2 years have been A's and B's. He has decided to stay at Cape Fear and graduate. I am so proud of him and what this school has done for him and me. He also missed most of every year in Indiana and at Cape Fear he hates to miss school and has hardly ever missed. The school and teachers have to be great for this to happen.

Posted February 28, 2014
We are a military family. We moved into the Cape Fear district based on the great experiences a fellow military family had. We are thrilled with our decision. My oldest has already graduated after 4 years as a Varsity athlete. She was very well prepared to attend THE University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. My youngest is a current student who plays two Varsity sports and is also very challenged academically. Cape Fear is a family! Our leadership is outstanding. Our faculty and staff are outstanding. The parent who rates the athletics so poorly knows not of what he speaks! I know of multiple players in every sport who have gone on to play at the next level just in the time that we have been part of this school family. The NJROTC program is top notch as is the band program. The opportunity to be involved in the athletic booster club, PTA, SIT and other areas are very available and parent input is welcome. If you want your children to be in a caring, challenging and all around great environment with teachers, coaches and administration that are fantastic....Cape Fear is the place for you! #coltprideneverstops
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 03, 2011
Cape Fear is a good school. I enjoy going to school here and feel very safe. Staff and Administration are always in the halls. The extra cirricular activites are the best! Cape Fear students participating in sports and other activities have such a great additude! The band and color guard here is amazing! The only downside I see is the bathrooms lack supplies and it smells like smoke. I think the school needs to be updated a little. We have smart boards and such but the outside of the school looks old. Overall, I would recommend the school if you are moving. Best schools in my opinion are: Cape Fear, Jack Britt, and Pine Forest. Buses are packed because of budget cuts but classrooms remain fair.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 24, 2011
As a student of Cape Fear High School I will say the school is okay, but in my opinion, student behavior has dropped over several years. Students are not taking school serious in any way. But I cant blame the school for the intent of their hearts and minds. Overall, the teachers and staff are above average and most will put forth their best effort to make learning easy and simple, unlike others. The schools best feature is their extracurricular activities. They have a great band program as well an exceptional JOROTC (and related programs). If there was anything to be improved at the school, it would have to be the student behavior. Overall, I do get a good amount of enjoyment from the school.

Posted January 08, 2011
Mr Jernigan has joined the staff of Miller-Motte College. We have many students requesting him because of his style of teaching. One student said,"Mr.Jernigan was a great principal and an even better teacher, he teaches me in a way I can be successful!"

Posted March 30, 2010
Cape Fear is an awesome school. The administration is determined to see the students succeed. The science department is outstanding; they prepare students who are interested in science related professions and it gives students enough experience to know whether or not they want to pursue certain professions. The staff is willing to work w/ each and every student as long as they take initiative. If the students aren't successful it is not because the resources wasn't available.

Cape Fear High 3

Posted December 22, 2009
Cape Fear is an alright school. Some teachers take the time out to help and some dont. i feel that alot of the teaching is rushed and the school doesn't inform you enough about important things such as taking the Sat and what your gpa is or should be in order to prepare you for college. The principal has very little involvment (you barely see him or know anything about him) but the extracurricular activities are pretty nice and the safety and discipline is good.

Cape Fear High 3

Posted December 01, 2008
As a recent alum, I have to say that the school does offer a great deal of opportunity to children of such a small community. However, teacher quality and principal leadership should be of concern to parents. The bar should be rasied significantly in these areas. When that is accomplished, the rate of high GPA's and student moral will soar. Cape Fear is known for its passionate school spirit, but where is our passion for these students' futures. There is, after all, a long life after highschool that so many are leaving CF unprepared for.

Posted October 30, 2008
I am very pleased with Cape Fear H.S. I have already graduated one and have one left as a Senior. I think the leadership shows genuine concern. Mr Jernigan is a great principle because he has zero tolerance for disruptive, inappropriate conduct and behavior. The extracurricular activities are great. I see more diversity at the top in student organizations, and that's a plus. How about those Marching Band Colts. The pride of Cape Fear.

Posted August 27, 2008
The classes are awesome, the clubs give the students great development skills (especially the CFMarching Colts!), and it's been standing since 1969.

Cape Fear High
4762 Clinton Road, Fayetteville, NC  28301
Last modified Cape Fear High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cape Fear High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top