Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher just don't care if there students fail. Very uncaring and unwilling to do anything extra. Your child is not a college ready he will have problems here.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

the administration at this school is not in itself any of these characteristics, so it doesnt develop any in its students.

This school unfortunately is where my two children go given its in the district we live. This school does not incorporate care and consideration to its students by its administration. The administration at this school creates problems with its students.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I say this about the majority, but there are a few gems in here that are effective and still like their jobs. I think the good ones eventually leave for better pastures.

This school is just average. My children moved to a new high school, and they offer more languages, have state-of-the art facilities, and most of the teachers have advanced degrees. Those that have lived in the area since the beginning of time will tell you it's great, but from an outsider prospective this school is lacking in so much! I just wish we had moved sooner. I think the Cumberland County School system is too big, lacks in funding, and doesn't offer teacher incentives for advanced learning. They also have extremely low pay, and you truly get what you pay for. Average.

My son goes to Cape Fear HS in Fayetteville NC. It is the best school he has gone to. We came from Indiana and the school he went to there for 8 years was the worse. He had technically failed every year but they wouldn't hold him back no matter what I did or said. He started Cape Fear as a 10th grader so this is his 2nd year and his grades for these 2 years have been A's and B's. He has decided to stay at Cape Fear and graduate. I am so proud of him and what this school has done for him and me. He also missed most of every year in Indiana and at Cape Fear he hates to miss school and has hardly ever missed. The school and teachers have to be great for this to happen.

We are a military family. We moved into the Cape Fear district based on the great experiences a fellow military family had. We are thrilled with our decision. My oldest has already graduated after 4 years as a Varsity athlete. She was very well prepared to attend THE University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. My youngest is a current student who plays two Varsity sports and is also very challenged academically. Cape Fear is a family! Our leadership is outstanding. Our faculty and staff are outstanding. The parent who rates the athletics so poorly knows not of what he speaks! I know of multiple players in every sport who have gone on to play at the next level just in the time that we have been part of this school family. The NJROTC program is top notch as is the band program. The opportunity to be involved in the athletic booster club, PTA, SIT and other areas are very available and parent input is welcome. If you want your children to be in a caring, challenging and all around great environment with teachers, coaches and administration that are fantastic....Cape Fear is the place for you! #coltprideneverstops

Cape Fear is a good school. I enjoy going to school here and feel very safe. Staff and Administration are always in the halls. The extra cirricular activites are the best! Cape Fear students participating in sports and other activities have such a great additude! The band and color guard here is amazing! The only downside I see is the bathrooms lack supplies and it smells like smoke. I think the school needs to be updated a little. We have smart boards and such but the outside of the school looks old. Overall, I would recommend the school if you are moving. Best schools in my opinion are: Cape Fear, Jack Britt, and Pine Forest. Buses are packed because of budget cuts but classrooms remain fair.

As a student of Cape Fear High School I will say the school is okay, but in my opinion, student behavior has dropped over several years. Students are not taking school serious in any way. But I cant blame the school for the intent of their hearts and minds. Overall, the teachers and staff are above average and most will put forth their best effort to make learning easy and simple, unlike others. The schools best feature is their extracurricular activities. They have a great band program as well an exceptional JOROTC (and related programs). If there was anything to be improved at the school, it would have to be the student behavior. Overall, I do get a good amount of enjoyment from the school.

Mr Jernigan has joined the staff of Miller-Motte College. We have many students requesting him because of his style of teaching. One student said,"Mr.Jernigan was a great principal and an even better teacher, he teaches me in a way I can be successful!"

Last modified Cape Fear High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.