Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2014
When I went to elizebeth cashwell I had a great years my teacher was the best and I learned alot I went there from 2-4 grade and they were the best.i got some good grades but my schools principle was always there and if there was a problem she was all over it hands on.i loved going to Elizabeth cashwell because my teacher was nice I just learned a lot from my teacher there

Posted February 16, 2014
This school is a bad choice if you are moving! My child made 3's and 4's at a different school. After transferring to E.C. Elem, her grades dropped down to 2's and 3's!! The teacher sent behavioral notes to me almost every day, and would not explain what she did. I requested a PT conference and she never gave me one. I could continue with a lot of wrong doings on their behalf. Feel if I did not transfer her out of that school, they would have held her back to repeat kindergarten. This school needs to be reported and under review. Our children are the future- how can the staff not care? We moved!!

Posted February 12, 2013
If you're relocating to this area and have elem. school kids, your #1 priority should be to stay away from this school district. We moved here last year & my experience consisted of 2-3 hours teaching what should have been learned in class & visiting the school to discuss drop in grades & bullying. After visiting several times, I realized the problem wasn't that my previous honor student, was finally being challenged, but a mixture of inexperience, unprofessional, complacent, tired, & unorganized staff (not all). Instruction & lessons seem remedial & don't support the level on which students are being tested. This year has been even worst. Bullying, assault, & verbal threats made by other children. Yes, the staff has been made aware on several occasions. My oldest child is having fun, but not learning because grades continue to drop. I stay involved, meet with staff, and help with homework, but the school attitude has to change from the top-down & include pillars of discipline, less verbage & more discipline for misconduct. Hold principals & teachers accountable for performance (GOOD & bad), & parent(s) should be held accountable for child misconduct -social services.

Posted October 15, 2012
Spend your time before hand fighting to get your student in another school, or else you will just spend your time fighting within the school. I am the third example of just people I know, who had the system try to get their kid into special programs they DID NOT NEED AT ALL. My son previously had a reading level two grades above, and is now tested out at just about standard. He missed school for a week due to pneumonia and we not only could not get any homework or classwork given to us, they then proceeded to give us major problems with his ( EXCUSED) absences. It's sad, because I'm a parent who loves being involved and truly respects educators - I've never felt this way in my life. I wish he had any other option as we cant currently afford private school on a military budget. BTW, A child missing a day of school to greet a returning military parent is considered unexcused, and you'll be held responsible, as is traveling for a death/sickness in the family! I find the school very uncaring, but thats just my personal experience. I have come across 1 or 2 very pleasant teachers.

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2012
All three of my children attend this school. My oldest is in the 4th grade and over 4 yrs of dealing with the school the older teachers( ones that have more experience and be there the longest) are the more out reached and informative. The recent change in principal 2 yrs ago was a shock because parents were not informed. As a parent I feel that we should be able to apart of our childs learning in/out of school. We are no longer allowed to visit classrooms, and once again was not told of this change. This takes a big part of parent involvement out of school to me.

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2009
My son as attended this school from Kindergarten thru 4th grade. 3 years now they have not met state standards and I can understand why. He only has had 1 teacher in those 5 years that took the time to understand what his needs were and stayed in constant touch with me to let me know what I could do to help him improve. Otherwise, they all tell me he was doing really good until his report card came out, only to then tell me there were issues. Also, this school seems to focus more on making sure their children are in uniforms, and passing EOGs, and teacher meetings instead of teaching and helping children lear. I am looking into other schools for him for 5th grad.

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 0

Posted January 16, 2009
This is a great school, especially if you have special needs kids. The staff go on and above the call of CARE! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE!

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2006
Was not real thrilled by this school last year, and I am even less happy with the School this year after seeing the test results and with different incidents that have occured and how they are handled. With any luck I will be put in another district or be able to put my children in a private school for next year.

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 5

Posted August 11, 2005

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2005

Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School
2970 Legion Road, Fayetteville, NC  28306
Last modified Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth M Cashwell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top