Bad
Good

my son attended kindergarten at JW Coons and I can say the school is awesome! Each member of the staff is attentive to the childrens needs and his teacher Ms. Ashley Voter and Ms. Tillman are examples of what teachers should be about. Excellent principal and will only stay in this district while he is in k-5.

JW Coon is a big joke everything my child has learned this year i have had to teach her the teacher or principle wont talk with me dont have time an will never sit an tell me what areas there working on also they have faild the no child left behind 2 years in a row good luck

The teachers are who make this school great. Each teacher my child has had has taken a special interest in their whole person and is nurturing and caring not just about the grades and classwork but about the overall person. They have been very open and eager to help me find ways to help my child reach his potential. I would prefer the school overall was more child oriented and less geared toward making an 'adult impression' I would like to see more color and a more child oriented environment and ambiance. I would also like to see more social activities for the children and more opportunity for parent involvement in both fun and educational extra curricular activities. The teachers however are the reason I have chosen not to take advantage of the opportunity the county provides via schools of Choice to move my child.

Last modified J W Coon Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.