St. Patrick School

Private | PK-8 | 292 students

We are best known for excellence in academics.

Living in Fayetteville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $99,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted March 21, 2014

We just had the school tour. We were very impressed by everyone we met. I have to say that I have witnessed other schools where the children seem to be all over the place, and these children at Saint Patrick were actually working without making so much noise. We were there for almost two hours. I am very happy for the fact that the Spanish teacher is actually a native speaker of Spanish and she is from Spain. I have observed other Spanish teachers and there is no comparison of what you get with a Native speaker who is trained in her language. There is also a specialized teacher of math who teaches just that subject. So you know you are getting your child prepared by someone who masters that area. It is sad to say many elementary school teachers do no master math themselves :( Everyone we met was very engaging and welcoming even before they knew what my husband did for a living. So this idea that they are only nice and welcoming of those who bring in the money is NOT TRUE. I felt very comfortable there and I know my daughter will do fine there. She previously attended Saint Patrick School in another State and we could no be happier with her academic progress.

Posted January 23, 2014

I attend this school 5th - 8th grade. By the time I graduated, I had already passed the state Algebra exam and found myself ahead of my peers in all other subjects in high school. I recently received a PhD. I am very thankful for the education I received here and when my son started school, did not hesitate to enroll him at St. Pat's. His continued enthusiasm for school is yet another testament to this wonderful school.

Posted January 8, 2014

This is my children's first year at this school. It has not been a very good experience. The principle and staff always have attitudes. They are only nice to the parents that bring in all the money in the school. I wanted my children to have a better education than me with religious teaching but realized that it's all about money and rich people. There is no respect at this school and the parking is horrible !! My kids will not be going to this school next year.

Posted December 22, 2013

St. Patrick School has made some great additions to the computer and science labs and is re-flooring the gym. They have some great programs and caring teachers who maintain high standards. I recommend this school.

Posted July 24, 2013

We had an absolutely terrible experience at this school. The administration, teachers, and staff lacked compassion and competence.

Posted May 1, 2013

If your child had any kind of special needs issue this is not the school for you. There is zero compassion past the second grade. Every child is treated as if they are all the same. We've had submitted special recommendations for our child via a costly report compiled by a licenced MD and still our educational requests are being ignored. I have to repeatedly go behind the teacher to ensure my child gets what she needs. Because of all this she is singled out and bullied on a near daily basis because of her needs by the teacher. I drop off a child who's afraid to go to school because she feels the teacher doesn't like her. Worse yet we involve the principle and he sides with the teacher every time. I don't feel like st pats is there for my children or me. They are raising the tuition but NEVER try to update anything around the school. If you have an issue they will not try and research any options or answers for you. Hmmm isn't that why most schools have a guidance counselor? We pay more money every year for the same sorry stuff we always get and that's really nothing.

Posted February 12, 2013

It saddens me to see the direction that the school is headed in. Long gone are the days of the family friendly atmosphere and caring administration. It was replaced with a administrator who appears to have a lack of respect for teachers, parents and students alike. He does not curb the direpectful actions of newer staff members and does not asssit in helping parents resolve any issues that arise. Over the last few years the school has made a steady decline in quality of education, lack of facilities for the children to use for sports and they do not follow thier mission statement. I hate that the good of the school is being over shadowed by the a few bad seeds. I truly believe that once a few people are gone and with the right person in place this school could return to its once former status of an elite school in Fayetteville.

Posted January 9, 2013

Is not a great school. Don't waste your money. Do some research first. They ignore the parents concerns year after year.

Posted September 24, 2012

We have had a great experience with St. Patricks and think that it is among the best schools in Fayetteville. Our children (one in Kindergarten, one in preschool) are challenged appropriately, and given the support they need. Our son has started reading already and is progressing. Kids are taught computers, spanish, PE, reading and mathematics even at this young grade level. While to cost is somewhat higher than average, the education received so far by my kids is much better than average. We will continue to keep our kids at St. Pats and think highly of it so for.

Posted August 15, 2012

I am surprised at these negative reviews. They were written by people who have no idea what is going on in this school. There is new administration and he is making changes, and any change is not easily accepted by everyone, we have to keep in mind it is being done for the overall good of the school. The Spanish program was suspended for a year, so changes could be made and it is back, and is a better program. The Music teacher left only because of a military based move and a replacement has been hired. The computer teacher needed to retire and there is a replacement for her as well. The gym situation is unfortunate, but with the construction of the new church it has been anticipated, and it is only temporary! The PE classes will be conducted as they were before the gym was built, and the extracurricular school sports ARE being played at an off-site gym. Not every school is perfect for every family, but having looked at many other private Christian schools in the city, this was by far the best one!

Posted August 14, 2012

Wow, some people on this post are sadly mistaken. I just came from Orientation and there is a Spanish program, there are electives for middle school age children, the musics teacher's departure was known about for an entire year, due to a move. The academics here are rigorous, therefore my children a far above their peers at the "best" public school in Cumberland County. However, the aspect I like the most about St. Patrick's is the family feeling. Everyone is truly caring. I am not sure where some people are getting their information, but it is incorrect.

Posted August 7, 2012

I think some of the reviews below were written without having complete information, which is an unfair portrayal. As an involved parent whose child attends the school, I am overall happy with the school, the small family envirornment, the Catholic learning aspect, and the rigorous academics. My child is very advanced compared to her friends in public school, which I think speaks for itself. Yes, the church construction and surrounding issues with the gym floor will impact the school year, but Overall I wouldn't have my child in any other place. Yes, we will have Spanish and music this year. We are excited to see the progress our student makes this year. Overall I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 6, 2012

I went to St Patrick School and so did many of my friends and relatives. The school has been here for 75 years. Many who attended school at St. Pats have gone on to become accomplished, productive citizens. To all parents considering this school, I would recommend visiting there and meeting the principal, staff and teachers. I feel very strongly that you will want to send your children there.

Posted July 26, 2012

Totally agree with reviews below, the school is going down hill fast. This is your child's future. Put them in a different school.

Posted July 26, 2012

I had three children attend the school from 3 yr old prek to 7th grade. At one time I would go without lunch to make tuition. However in the past couple of years with some new individuals. The level of respect for children, parents and other staff has decreased. There are dicussions about sexuality differences that should not be discussed in the classroom and are not in the tune with Roman Catholic beliefs. If i had to rate this school 5 years ago I would say come on down. Not any more. The school no longer has a spanish program. Maybe good for your family but not for mine.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 14, 2012

Please do all of your research before going to St Pats. I am so disappointed in this school and the administration. The school use to offer lots of diversity in the curriculum. However, they cut spanish class last year, the computer instructor and music instructor put in resignation at the end of this year, with no replacement secured. The school no longer has the use of the gym (family life center) for next year. PE will be held in a small classroom or outside. This will also not allow the school to have sports teams that normally would use the gym, i.e. basketball, volleyball, tumbling club, etc. There is a lot of bullying going on by students and staff and the adm. has taken a hands off approach, not their problem. Tuition increased over $500 dollars for this school year and another $400 for next year. My child will not be returning because of increased tuition, loss of potential classes (we were notified 1 week before school started this year about spanish cancellation), loss of gym, loss of sports, and the bullying by other students and some of the staff that administration refuses to address. This is not a caring, nurturing Catholic environment. Don't throw your money away.

Posted August 18, 2011

This school is just OK. The new principal is not organized and has made several significant changes this school year but did not notify parents of the changes until the first day of school. The tuition rate and fees keep climbing but programs are being dropped. We are getting less for our money. Some of the teachers need to be more compassionate with the students. The education is top-notch for this area when you compare it to public schools but lacking when you compare it to other private schools. There are no "elective courses" for middle school students, there is no band, there are limited sports and there is no foreign language. I would recommend doing research on other private schools before choosing St. Pats.

Posted June 21, 2011

My children have attended St. Patrick School since kindergarten and will be in the 4th and 5th grade this year. The academics are challenging, and the school is committed to each student's success. It has become like a family to us, and we look forward to the next several years there.

Posted March 11, 2011

We have been at St. Patrick's for two years and are very happy. My child is learning at an amazing rate and doing so with a smile on his face. I think that anyone wishing a parochial education for their child should consider this school. The staff is open and friendly. It is a great place and we look forward to many more years at St. Pat's.

Posted March 9, 2011

We love this school! My husband is in the military and having had some bad experiences in the last several schools my children attended, we researched both public and private schools in Fayetteville. We had children going into 2nd, 5th, and 8th grade, and unfortunately our choice of public schools did not pan out. St. Pat's was recommended to us by a new neighbor, and after our tour we felt so at home that we didn't look anywhere else! Yes, my children have complained of "mean" teachers, but after lots of discussion I'm confident in saying the better interpretation is "strict" teachers who don't tolerate bad behavior and don't accept excuses. It s not perfect, and my kids have stories of minor bullying, and there are some teachers I don't love, but overall, we couldn't be happier!

Two or more races 19% N/A
Asian 5% N/A
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 1% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • North Carolina Science Fair Awards (2008)
  • National Historical Society History Projects Award (2009)
  • Zaner-Bloser National Handwriting Award winners (2009)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Raleigh

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • We are a catholic school community of dedicated parents, enthusiastic teachers, caring staff members and best of all -a diverse and motivated student body. we would like to invite you to get to know us through our website and contact us directly if you have any questions. we have been blessed with an academically challenging and spiritually enriching environment. come join us!