Posted September 30, 2014
Although there is a great financial aid program, it is still very expensive, especially for more than one child; however, it is worth it! We have had some amazing teachers and the new headmaster and head of lower school are extremely friendly and welcoming. I love this school, and, although I have had some issues with the efficacy of the guidance counselor here, I still believe this school to be academically superior.

Fayetteville Academy 3

Posted June 20, 2014
The Fayetteville Academy is an okay school. The teachers are excellent. The class sizes are very small. The kids however are very stuck-up and preppy. You can tell some of these kids have never worked for anything in their lives and have just had everything handed to them. I am sad to say that they don't get to experience what is really happening in the real world because the have a safety net of their family's money to catch them if they mess up. Not everyone her is like that, but most of them are.

Posted May 30, 2014
Fayetteville Academy has met and exceeded every expectation we had hoped for. What may surprise some, is what a warm and welcoming environment exists. The school talks about the Fayetteville Academy family/community and the staff/teachers/adminsitrators live up to this. The communication from staff is fantastic. I have recieved emails from staff on Saturday evening! Academics are clearly the best in this region as SAT scores and scholarships objectively attest to. But all kids have the opportunity to participate in sports (over 80% of high school), band, arts such as drama, mock trial, lego robotics, and much more. There truly is something for everyone. I would like to echo how impressed we have been with the diversity of the school and different backgrounds of students, especially the number of military families.

Posted April 30, 2014
We have found the Fayetteville Academy to be academically rigorous and to provide excellent opportunities for our children to reach their full potential in the class room as well as in other activities. The teachers have the flexibility to teach students without excessive interference from the administration. We think that is why so many of the teachers have been there for so long! We have found it to be unique in unexpected ways, the honor code system seems to actually work here. Our child has no lock on her locker. It is a place where high school students seem to get along with middle school and lower school students! The school is consistent in having high expectations for our student whether in the class room or participating in other activities. We are also pleased with how diverse the school is. It is definitely not a "country club" type of private school. The kids seem to have all sorts of backgrounds which we find to be a beneficial environment for us. We researched all the other schools in town and have found the FA to be a great investment for the future of our kids!

Posted April 28, 2014
Academically speaking, this school FAR exceeded our expectations compared to Cumberland County Schools. I have personally seen the school remove a student because of behavior. The teachers have the utmost respect for the children and treat them as teachers should. You can't go wrong choosing Fayetteville Academy.

Fayetteville Academy 1

Posted March 15, 2014
Run!!! This school is all show. When it comes to grades and test score my child was 2 grade levels below her grade. If you search this school just had administration turn over due to failing scores. They were threatened to be sued if they didn't remove all administration. Over priced and now my child is failing in public school. Any child who starts failing they will kick them out that's why they say 100% go to college. My child is so damaged by this school. Don't let it fool you. They also tell parents their children have add or ADHD if they start doing bad. 5 out of the 10 in our class were told that. They hold no responsibility for their actions and blame the parents. Child went there for 5 years.

Posted January 06, 2014
Fantastic! My kids enjoy everything about it! I've never seen them so excited to go to school.

Posted October 27, 2013
This is our 2nd year at Fayetteville Academy having moved here for Middle and High school. The education these children are getting far exceeds my expectations and doesn't even come close to the lack of education the public school is offering. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted August 02, 2013
Our daughter has attended Fayetteville Academy since preschool and will be a senior. What a wonderful experience we have had. This school has not only prepared my daughter for college but for life as well. It is like having a second family. I would strongly recommend this school. It is the best gift you could ever give your child.

Posted January 17, 2013
We could not be happier with the choice to send our children here. Fayetteville Academy has, by far, the highest academic standards in the area. The school also offers successful sports programs, a fantastic choral & art program, and caring teachers. Although this is a private school, FA avoids catering to and relenting under the "privileged and popular" local families that the public schools are forced to deal with. There is NO bullying tolerated at this school. We have found the students (new students and students that have always gone here), as well as their parents, to be very welcoming. This school is outstanding.

Fayetteville Academy
3200 Cliffdale Road, Fayetteville, NC  28303
Last modified Fayetteville Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Fayetteville Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.