K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Fayetteville Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 29, 2016
Liz Prince is a fantastic and extraordinary first grade teacher! We feel blessed to have had her instruct out son. Keith Blades is a wonderful head of lower school and promotes an open door policy.

Posted January 29, 2016
My son has attended Fayetteville Academy from Pre K to his current 4th grade year. Not only has my son looked forward to attending school everyday, he has been celebrated for and encouraged in his gifts, and has been pushed and guided through his weaknesses. This is a school that challenges kids at every single level-if you have an academically gifted child, this school will find a way to challenge them. If you have a child who is struggling in any subject this is a school that will not allow them to fall through the cracks. I love this place as much as my son does. Its truly a family more than a school. We will be leaving Fayetteville for a few years, but as soon as we are back-were heading straight to the academy.

Posted December 09, 2015
I am a graduate of this school and from the very start of my experience there, it became my "home away from home." From the caring, nurturing, and extremely gifted teachers, to the administration, staff, and coaches that I was in contact with daily, this school made a very real difference in my life and in the lives of so many of my classmates. I could not have been more prepared for success in college in just about every way possible. From first hand and personal experience, I can tell you that The Fayetteville Academy is the "gift of a lifetime" as far as I am concerned. It had a major impact on my life and played a huge role in making me the successful adult that I am and strive to be every day. I am incredibly grateful to my parents for sending me there. Thank you to all at Fayetteville Academy. Always and forever proud to be an Eagle!

Fayetteville Academy 4

Posted December 06, 2015
My son attended Fayetteville Academy PK-12th grade. The Academy helped prepare my son, who has since graduated, to prepare for college. The school is by far the best in Fayetteville and in my opinion the best in North Carolina.The teachers and the administration are always extremely polite and helpful. For all the years our child attended the Academy, the only problem my wife and I had was with the high school algebra teacher. She never taught and said the students must teach themselves and be “independent learners”. The administration refuses to do anything about it since they are personal friends. Outside of this, the school is wonderful and offers not only great academics but athletics, art, and music as well. Varsity teams always make the state playoffs so this is a great school if your child is an athlete. Many of the teachers hold doctorate and masters degrees in their subject which of course helps.

Posted November 30, 2015
You don't know what you don't know. My kids spent k-5 in the Public School System and had outstanding marks. They started at this school and have struggled to maintain Honor marks. The kids are learning how to be better organized, how to plan long & short range due the taxing work load, and how to appreciate the diverse group of students. I wish I could go back & have this opportunity.

Posted September 30, 2014
Although there is a great financial aid program, it is still very expensive, especially for more than one child; however, it is worth it! We have had some amazing teachers and the new headmaster and head of lower school are extremely friendly and welcoming. I love this school, and, although I have had some issues with the efficacy of the guidance counselor here, I still believe this school to be academically superior.

Fayetteville Academy 3

Posted June 20, 2014
The Fayetteville Academy is an okay school. The teachers are excellent. The class sizes are very small. The kids however are very stuck-up and preppy. You can tell some of these kids have never worked for anything in their lives and have just had everything handed to them. I am sad to say that they don't get to experience what is really happening in the real world because the have a safety net of their family's money to catch them if they mess up. Not everyone her is like that, but most of them are.

Posted May 30, 2014
Fayetteville Academy has met and exceeded every expectation we had hoped for. What may surprise some, is what a warm and welcoming environment exists. The school talks about the Fayetteville Academy family/community and the staff/teachers/adminsitrators live up to this. The communication from staff is fantastic. I have recieved emails from staff on Saturday evening! Academics are clearly the best in this region as SAT scores and scholarships objectively attest to. But all kids have the opportunity to participate in sports (over 80% of high school), band, arts such as drama, mock trial, lego robotics, and much more. There truly is something for everyone. I would like to echo how impressed we have been with the diversity of the school and different backgrounds of students, especially the number of military families.

Posted April 30, 2014
We have found the Fayetteville Academy to be academically rigorous and to provide excellent opportunities for our children to reach their full potential in the class room as well as in other activities. The teachers have the flexibility to teach students without excessive interference from the administration. We think that is why so many of the teachers have been there for so long! We have found it to be unique in unexpected ways, the honor code system seems to actually work here. Our child has no lock on her locker. It is a place where high school students seem to get along with middle school and lower school students! The school is consistent in having high expectations for our student whether in the class room or participating in other activities. We are also pleased with how diverse the school is. It is definitely not a "country club" type of private school. The kids seem to have all sorts of backgrounds which we find to be a beneficial environment for us. We researched all the other schools in town and have found the FA to be a great investment for the future of our kids!

Posted April 28, 2014
Academically speaking, this school FAR exceeded our expectations compared to Cumberland County Schools. I have personally seen the school remove a student because of behavior. The teachers have the utmost respect for the children and treat them as teachers should. You can't go wrong choosing Fayetteville Academy.

Fayetteville Academy