Northwood Temple Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Fayetteville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $147,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $640.

Sweep tile

Posted October 13, 2013

This school was wonderful for my Pr-K child and 1st grader. We have since moved but we loved it and miss it. The teachers and staff were so caring and the children were very polite. I could not ask for more in a school

Posted August 5, 2012

Let's just say NTA left a very bad taste behind. My son still talks about how unfair the teachers were. My son was stung by a hornet and had an allergic reaction and nobody called me. This was just one of many incidents

Posted June 21, 2012

Our child has attended Northwood Temple Academy since second grade and is now in high school. The administration and teachers have been wonderful. The academics are exceptional and prepare young people to excel. But with the academics comes teachers who really care about each individual child and their spiritual growth as well. Great school and well worth it!

Posted March 13, 2012

Northwood has a solid program. The spiritual aspect of the school is far above average. The students are taught not only the basic subjects one would expect, but that Christians impact their culture through strong missions and living out their faith. The school feels it is so important that they actually have a Spiritual Life Coordinator to lead the students in mission projects and challenging chapel programs. I am very impressed what my fifth grader has learned!

Posted July 22, 2011

Northwood Temple Academy has amazing teachers and administrators who love their jobs and their students. They truly care about the students mind body and spirit! Students who have graduated have gone on to major state universities and excelled in their chosen career fields - I know, because I am one!

Posted March 11, 2010

My son is in the pre-school program at NTA. This has been an awesome experience for him. His teachers truly love him, and he loves them. He is learning so much. I am thrilled when he comes home chatting a mile a minute about his bible lesson, the new letter and number he's working on, or evening quoting lines from 'Green Eggs and Ham'. I love NTA because my son feels loved, is nutured, and is educated while he is learning biblical truths. I couldn't ask for more!

Posted March 11, 2010

I have attended Northwood Temple Academy since preschool and I am graduating this year. I am very sad to leave this place, because It is almost home for me. I love this school because the teachers take a personal interest in the students lives to ensure that they are having a good experience and would bend over backwards to help you in your subject of dificulty. My parents have always given me an option to go to another school, but I have always declined. Northwood is a great place to receive an education as well as a closer relationship with our Creator. Graduation day will be a very had and sad day because i absolutely love this school as well as all the amazing and loving teachers that work here.

Posted October 20, 2009

My child is a student at NTA. It has been mostly a positive experience. The work she does is accelerated for her age. The teacher this year is patient and helpful. My only complaint is what they charge for lunch. $3.50 seems high to me.

Posted October 16, 2009

As a former teacher of NTA and parent of a child who attended there, I can say that NTA was the best environment for both of us. God's love is evident there. Although no school is perfect, neither are we, that is our goal as Christians each day...to become more like Christ. I loved teaching at NTA, because it not only opened opportunities for me to do the thing I loved most, but it produced a daily blessing of encouraging, helping, and caring for youth, and hoping to be an example to teach them not just the subject matter, but more about living a life that honors God. Witnessing the spiritual growth in teenagers is such a tremendous blessing that compares to none other. There are always areas to improve upon. There is always something we need to stay on our knees for. Let's support Christ in Christian education.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 16, 2009

—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 26, 2009

I love nta! This my first year and it has changed my life. The people as great. The morals are great. You don't have to worry about any pressures in normal public school!

Posted April 9, 2009

Foremost, it should be understood that Northwood is just a school and should be approached as such. In highschool especially, it should be understood that the cheif aim of the faculty is to teach the students the quintessential elements of their given field. As in everything, it is in the hands of the learner to decide what he wants to take from the experiences provided. I am a senior, and I have attended Northwood all of my highschool years. I have never found the highschool to be cliquish, verily, I would go as far to say that everyone in attendance has friends in a variety of social spheres. Especially in the AP classes, the curriculum is excellent and well taught. Overall, I believe that the opporunities offered at Northwood have shaped me into the confident and compassionate individual I am today.

Posted August 21, 2008

my daughter attended Northwood for 3 years. I was very pleased with her teachers. She was given the opportunity to develop into leaderhip roles that she may have never had the opportunity in public school. The best and most important part of Northwood is the spiritual growth that took place in her life. She graduated #2 in her senoir class and was accepted at UNC Chapel Hill where she is now a Freshman. Northwood Temple Academy is a blessing to our community. Sarah Williams, former parent

Posted June 7, 2008

My daughter went there for kindergarten. Her teachers were excellent. The children learned so much. Very nurturing and talented. We hate to leave this school. It is a very active community with many great opportunities for children. I recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 16, 2008

My daughter has attended NTA for her two years of preschool and I have to say it is the best preschool program in Fayeteville. The teachers are wonderful! As a teacher of 14 years, I would highly recommend this preschool program. The preschool has strong academics, loving environment and professional teachers. Thank you NTA for making my daughters preschool experience a positive one!

Posted April 13, 2008

I've been a student at Northwood for over five years. It is a very good school. The teachers care for the students very much and are always willing to help. The administration takes any suggestions or problems into account to try and make the school as best as possible. If a student takes advantage of what the school has to offer rather than focusing on whatever rules they think are stupid because they don't want to follow them, then this school can be a great opportunity.

Posted March 25, 2008

Dr. Basnight is doing a great job. What people need to remember is that it takes time to make changes. He has plans to do great things at the school.

Posted February 15, 2008

This school plays favorites. The same children never get in trouble regardless of what they do. The children are very mean and rude and the teachers instill no discipline. The administration is a joke, especially new appointments. The things that go in in this school truly reflects a non-christian lifestyle.

Posted December 31, 2007

Although no school is perfect, NTA does try to teach a good currriclum. It is great at elementary level. High School is lacking however. Discipline is very much a joke. It is not fairly handed out. Some students are given different treatment than others.

Posted August 18, 2007

There are actually three schools at Northwood.There is the elementary, middle, and high school. While no school is perfect, I have found the faculty and staff to be top notch and very concerned about providing the best education possible for their students. They have just hired a Superintendent who has an excellent reputation in the community. The school is a wonderful place to receive a strong academic and Christian education. As a parent, I have been very pleased with my children's academic and spiritual development at this school and recommend it whole heartedly.

Asian 2% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 2%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4200 Ramsey St