Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 28, 2016
I went to LCMS in my younger years but I never remember it being as bad as it is now!!! My son went to this "school" ( for lack of a better word) last year for 6th grade. First he was bullied by a child in one of his classes so after several complaints from myself the child was removed from his class so I thought that was a plus because it seemed as if the school cared. WRONG!!!! My son was always an a/b student but due to the constant bullying his grades and self esteem suffered, I spoke with administration on multiple occasions and also wrote letters and hand delivered them to the board of education because my son was in several PHYSICAL altercations with the same group of bullies and the school made promises that they never kept such as having the kids to meet for a mediation and the kids (bullies) being spoken to because they "claim" the school has a zero tolerance for bullying. Lies!! No action was ever taken I did receive a phone call from the safety coordinator at the board and again nothing was done. The situation became so out of hand that the bullies who rode the same bus, get off at same bus stop and had already had a physical altercation became dangerous when the other children threw rocks at my child so I called the police and made a report and took pictures of the rocks and took them to the school the following day and they claimed the other kids parents would take them to school for the rest of the year. Lies!!! My son told me the kids were on the bus the following day so I had to drop off and pick up my son from school for the rest of the year. Nonetheless I refused to send my child back to that hell hole! He is doing much better at his new school JGMS, his grades and self esteem have improved immensely. If LCMS are not going to start caring about the kids the get paid to care for they need to close the doors FOREVER before someone's child gets seriously hurt and they also need to put education back on the forefront because the teachers don't care. My suggestion is to fire everyone from administration on down and start all over and maybe then that school can be revived. If you can help it don't send your children here.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 27, 2015
The teachers don't even teach. They don't have the compassion it takes to work with children. It's almost like they don't want the children to succeed in life.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 27, 2015
My child is constantly coming home saying she has no homework. I've called the school and asked her teachers they confirmed she doesn't get homework, like she should.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
For one thing half the school is always failing. A quarter of the students are just doing enough to get by. the remainder of the student fluctuate between good and average grades.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
Teachers are constantly yelling at, and disciplining students for the lack of understanding. If teachers would take the time to understand students the students may not act as bad.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
Most teachers just go to there classrooms and handout work without explaining to the children what to do. They just assume the children know everything; That is probably why their test scores are so low. I'm just saying.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
This school never wants anyone to know about anything they plan to do. it's like being in the dark while the sun is shining.

Posted July 27, 2015
well; This school is just terrible! Only two teachers out of the entire school want to help your students pass. The rest of them could care less. The office staff never gives parents or students any real answers. They have disrespectful lunch staff. All of there staff is bad as a matter of fact. Even the advanced classes at the school stay behind. MY daughter went to the school and never complained. I didn't realize the tragedy that was before my eyes. the teachers are just as disrespectful as the children they taught. I was so glad when my child finished the eighth grade. Don't send your child here if you can do anything about it.

Posted February 26, 2015
This school is the worst school Ever theachers take there aggression out on the sstudents, and there bus riders think they have the right to come into someones yard and destroy your stuff.. And the school said there is nothing that we can do cause it wasnt at the bus stop or on school property. All they say is call the cops

Posted January 01, 2014
It is the worst excuse for a school I have ever seen in my life, don't get me started with the students they are the meanest most ignorant monstrosities of people I have ever seen I Know that may be a little harsh to say but its true of you got there yourself just most of them some of them are nice but most of them have left for the reason the students the unfair grades the unorganised mess the school starts like the ceremonies and celebrations all unorganised.I know they don't have much money in there budget but they need to improve for the students sake.

2150 Skibo Rd, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified Lewis Chapel Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.