Fayetteville, NC

Posted December 02, 2014
We are a military family and moved to this area, for we heard the schools were top notch. We have had a great experience with some of the teachers at the school, but the coaches and administration are something completely different. This school is a 'political' school, if you know the right people you will get further especially in sports. If you are military hope, that you do not have to move mid semester for the lack of help and support, especially from the top is just the added stress that you need. If I had the choice I would not move anywhere in the Cumberland County School system for there are major problems with this school district that the Superintendent has and will continue to cover up.

Posted November 20, 2014
Bad school they care more about the dress code than learning They will put you in ISS for a headband... Some teachers are not good either. Administrators terrible. Don't come here. BEWARE

Jack Britt High School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
Our family choose this school based on the ratings and unfortunately we have been let down. They have some great talent and academically active students but not enough positive mentors. The administrative dispite having several complaints on the same teachers and coaches that have repeatedly broken school violations have contined to be allowed to keep their postions. Their poor judgment proved that the behavior of those in charge directly and negatively impacts our young adolescents. They have complete disregard to the moral exemplar test that the teachers, coaches, and administration are suppose to be held to a higher standard.

Posted December 30, 2013
Jack Britt is rated 8 on Great Schools list but it only has a 12% college readiness rating which I feel is very sad indeed. Algebra and English are not even rated. There are a few teachers that DO NOT seem to perform too well but still have jobs. The Principal needs to be replaced. The CHEATING needs to be stopped. CHEATING is rampant throughout the school. Even some in the top 10% of the students of the senior class are CHEATERS. I am all for teachers getting a better pay check, but the system really should drop the bad apples.

Posted December 30, 2013
Jack Britt is the cream of the crop! The teachers, staff, and administration are very professional and knowledgeable with their field of study. There is absolutely no reason why any student should feel left out or alone. There are probably 100 or more different clubs and organizations that student's can be a part of. If student's feel isolated, it may be because of there choice! I have two children that graduayed from Britt. Both received scholarships to college. Jack Britt really prepared them for the next level in education. Mrs. Garrison is awesome and she has an awesome staff! We are truly blessed to be a part of this excellent school!

Jack Britt High School 2

Posted October 16, 2013
If you haven't seen the movie Pump up the Volume it is a must see before you send your child to this school. Out of state educators and substitute teachers I have talked to say it is one of the worst schools they have ever experienced. I am also appalled at the stories I hear from the many students I have talked to. These stories are of course about some of the administrators and a few teachers and it brings their morality in to question.

Posted October 10, 2013
I have two kids at JB a freshman and a junior. The teachers are approachable and courteous. The staff and principal are all on one accord. There are numerous programs for any student from athletics to theatre and art. The school is just an Excellent all around and the environment breeds success

Posted June 15, 2013
My kids have been at Jack Britt for two years, now. I love this school, and so do they. The teachers and administration are committed to making sure students succeed. There is a contagious sense of pride in excellence in many areas. My one complaint has been that the choral program was mediocre, but they are getting a new choir director, so I am hoping that department will soon live up to the level of excellence that the rest of the school offers.

Jack Britt High School 1

Posted February 18, 2013
I am sorry to say this is not as great as they make it out to be. For all you military personnel, the place to live is the up and coming Hoke County. They are building hospitals and a lot more. There are some beautiful houses there and brand new schools that hand pick there teachers like Don Steed. People try to say this is the best district but it is not.

Posted October 25, 2012
Just checking out school reviews. I see this schools reviews are ok not the best. I see a lot of complaints concerning the administration which is really NOT a good thing.I do not have children attend this school , I am merely just checking out the reviews and seeing what needs improvement!

Jack Britt High School
7403 Rockfish Road, Fayetteville, NC  28306
Last modified Jack Britt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Britt High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top