Fayetteville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,914

Posted August 25, 2015
I've only had great experiences with the school staff and my child has enjoyed her time there. This is a great school if you are going for education first and have a desire to go to college. Your desires can be met if you apply her self to do your best and have self respect as well as respect for others. You get out of life and the universe what you put out, negative or positive actions......................

Posted August 22, 2015
There are a select few teachers that are great at teaching, the best I've ever had. Unfortunately, the rest of the administrators are rude and very confrontational. The rules are also arbitrary. This year I had part of my finger smashed off leaving me with an open fracture wound for a week. I got a pass for the elevator because I couldn't have people bumping into it while I try to navigate the overcrowded hallway. While getting on to the elevator, I held it for a boy who was on crutches and this teacher yells at me to get off. I told her why I was on it, and she responded with "Yeah right" and got on without even giving me the chance to show her my pass. I did get bumped, and it was painful. Dress code is supposed to be in place to keep students from wearing clothing that is distracting, inappropriate, and a danger in any way. I feel as though it is more of a game for the administrators. I got sent to ISS for wearing a high low skirt that had a sheer top and a slip underneath. The sheer top went well below my knee and the slip was 2.6 inches away from the knee. The best part, I had a change of clothes in my backpack and they still made me call my parents and sit in ISS for a day. In gym, some of the girls wear shorts that should be considered underwear because their cheeks hang out. Their rule about gym bags is also ridiculous, the plastic bags get torn and I end up having to carry all of my stuff by hand. I've lost shorts while doing so, and I dropped my bra while going downstairs a few times. I don't understand how you can allow girls to carry oversized purses and not allow mesh bags. The students here are extremely disrespectful to both the teachers and their peers. And the administration does NOTHING about it. A whole semester was wasted because a few students kept disrupting the class.

Jack Britt High School 1

Posted March 12, 2015
This school does not live up to its "honor school" standards. The staff is very unprofessional and students are disrespectful and bully one another. There is a lot of drama that goes on at this school and they try to sweep everything under the rug here. Academics are not what comes first here, it is always sports. Athletes get away with a lot and students who don't do sports are looked down upon. I would not recommend this school to anyone especially if you are not an athlete!

Posted December 02, 2014
We are a military family and moved to this area, for we heard the schools were top notch. We have had a great experience with some of the teachers at the school, but the coaches and administration are something completely different. This school is a 'political' school, if you know the right people you will get further especially in sports. If you are military hope, that you do not have to move mid semester for the lack of help and support, especially from the top is just the added stress that you need. If I had the choice I would not move anywhere in the Cumberland County School system for there are major problems with this school district that the Superintendent has and will continue to cover up.

Posted November 20, 2014
Bad school they care more about the dress code than learning They will put you in ISS for a headband... Some teachers are not good either. Administrators terrible. Don't come here. BEWARE

Posted May 15, 2014
Our family choose this school based on the ratings and unfortunately we have been let down. They have some great talent and academically active students but not enough positive mentors. The administrative dispite having several complaints on the same teachers and coaches that have repeatedly broken school violations have contined to be allowed to keep their postions. Their poor judgment proved that the behavior of those in charge directly and negatively impacts our young adolescents. They have complete disregard to the moral exemplar test that the teachers, coaches, and administration are suppose to be held to a higher standard.

Posted December 30, 2013
Jack Britt is rated 8 on Great Schools list but it only has a 12% college readiness rating which I feel is very sad indeed. Algebra and English are not even rated. There are a few teachers that DO NOT seem to perform too well but still have jobs. The Principal needs to be replaced. The CHEATING needs to be stopped. CHEATING is rampant throughout the school. Even some in the top 10% of the students of the senior class are CHEATERS. I am all for teachers getting a better pay check, but the system really should drop the bad apples.

Posted December 30, 2013
Jack Britt is the cream of the crop! The teachers, staff, and administration are very professional and knowledgeable with their field of study. There is absolutely no reason why any student should feel left out or alone. There are probably 100 or more different clubs and organizations that student's can be a part of. If student's feel isolated, it may be because of there choice! I have two children that graduayed from Britt. Both received scholarships to college. Jack Britt really prepared them for the next level in education. Mrs. Garrison is awesome and she has an awesome staff! We are truly blessed to be a part of this excellent school!

Posted October 16, 2013
If you haven't seen the movie Pump up the Volume it is a must see before you send your child to this school. Out of state educators and substitute teachers I have talked to say it is one of the worst schools they have ever experienced. I am also appalled at the stories I hear from the many students I have talked to. These stories are of course about some of the administrators and a few teachers and it brings their morality in to question.

Posted October 10, 2013
I have two kids at JB a freshman and a junior. The teachers are approachable and courteous. The staff and principal are all on one accord. There are numerous programs for any student from athletics to theatre and art. The school is just an Excellent all around and the environment breeds success

Jack Britt High School
7403 Rockfish Road, Fayetteville, NC  28306
Last modified Jack Britt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Britt High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top