Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have 2 Boys that attend this school, 4th and 6th grade. While I will say that my 4th grader gets a ton of homework nightly, that would be my only gripe. What does Cumberland county have to offer? My kids are A and B students and they love the school. (probably because as a parent, I don't sit back and whine with my kids about the school, I encourage them) If your kids are average, then what are you doing to help? Don't just send them to school and say that the responsibility falls on the teachers, you have a role in this too PARENTS!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are courteous and care for my kids well being and school habits.

Amount of homework: Neutral

As I stated before, I think my 4th grader bets way too much homework. Has no time to unwind after a day of school.

My daughter is in Kindergarten and she is having the hardest time with her teacher. I have had several conferences trying to resolve issues. Her teacher hardly speaks English. I have made appointments with the principal and he has zero interest in helping resolve issues. He has literally walked out of every conference early. My daughter is very intelligent but I feel like I teach her more at home with the 2 hours of homework they send home than what she actually learns in school. The teacher is hateful and disrespectful towards me when I explain that I can't always come in to school right when she wants me to. I don't know any parent that can just call in to work or whatever to just come right up there Unless it was an emergency. I sent a note with my daughter one day that she had received shots and could possibly feel under the weather. I asked to please watch for a fever. When I picked her up after school, her teacher told me she felt warm. I took her straight home to take her temp and it was 102.8. There isn't a nurse on school grounds and there isn't a lunch room either. They don't have a playground for kids to expel energy either.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

No clue. I think there's a place where someone should step in, but getting bullied is a part of growing up. If your kid can't deal with bullying, they probably can't deal with most of life when they grow up.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My kid isn't handicapped, but if they can't teach an average child, what makes you think they can handle one with a learning disability?

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

All I've seen so far are cowards and people hired through affirmative action.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Wow, lazy, inept, C average. Expected of Fayetteville tech graduates.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

2-4 hours of homework for a kindergartener is ridiculous and only shows the teachers lack of effort. Worthless waste of time. Everything I've read on the subject of homework in the last decade has shown homework has no value towards k thru 3rd grade. This is how Teachers pass off their incompetence to the parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

In line with public school guidelines and makes sure students get to review work taught at school

Last modified Alpha Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.