Posted August 11, 2014
High academic expectation of the students they don't just let them do the bare minimum for that grade level. My son's class was doing work for the next grade up months before the end of that school year. Plus they have small class sizes, also wonderful and involved teachers!

Posted June 27, 2014
amazing i have gonr for about 6 years now and i have excelled to acheive greater things now

Posted May 05, 2014
Do not send your child to this school.... My child has been bullied (kicked, picked on, hit, etc...). I have left work on several occasions because the Administration refuses to do anything. Things escalated to my child getting into a fight after another child slapped his head. Because all year my child has been putting up with this foolishness, he finally hit back. Well, my child is suspended for 3 days. The uneducated, unprofessional Vice Principal McCoy, was very nonchalant about my concerns. He even went out his way to start up further commotion. I can't fathom the sense in this, but my son and other little kid, were put in the same room together and left unattended until the parents arrived to picked them up. I am trying very hard to follow the chain of command, but of course, no returned call from the Principal/Owner as of yet. I have to push this forward. Our kids deserve a safe and caring learning environment. Oh yes, my is child is on his 3rd teacher this year.

Posted March 16, 2014
This school is the best school you could send your child to in Cumberland county. I am currently enrolled and I have been for 5 months now and I love it. The teachers give you the assistance you need to succeed in life and have a proper education . But to succeed you need to put in effort. They offer tutoring if you need and the have many benefits to help the community. They also have an amazing athletic department, soccer ,Softball, Baseball, Pep-squad,and basketball all open for both genders. Overall this is an amazing school.

Posted March 06, 2014
Alpha Academy in Fayetteville NC is, in my opinion, a sham. As a prior employee I can say from experience that the Administration does not seem to care about students/parents/teachers, condones bullying, and does not include parents in their so-called partnership. The Curriculum Superintendent is without an education in education. The communications within the Alpha Academy structure is terrible and there is an extreme deficit in the area of good leadership. This causes a huge turnover in teachers which weakens the Alpha Academy and this weakness shows in Alpha's dropping test scores. Alpha's teacher to student ratio has doubled since they moved to the Raeford Road location. Alpha puts huge and strong requirements on teachers and parents but does not give respect to either. The Alpha Academy difference is that it is their way or the highway and if parents or teachers do not like it, go back to the shoddy regular school system. The one shining star that I give this school is for the staff who puts up with a great deal of disrespect and chaos from the Administration Parents and teachers ~ Beware. You can do much better elsewhere. Hold out for the new charter schools coming in.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 24, 2014
This school is truly not what it was made out to be. My child is in the 5th grade and on her 3rd teacher since school has begun. The communication in the Administration is very poor. they are to concerned on making Money for the school instead of teaching our children, Promises made are not kept. I thought I was doing the right thing in putting y Child at Alpha Academy instead of public school, what a huge mistake. She has come from a A/b Honor Roll student to struggling to make the grades now. The school needs to be more aggressive on hiring there teachers and teaching assistants and get involved more in learning achievements and buying books. Instead of worrying about building a playground. They need to be more concerned in building a cafeteria and a library and getting the tutoring program up to higher standards.

Alpha Academy 2

Posted December 20, 2013
The curriculum is geared towards garnering the highest possible scores and doesn't institute critical thinking skills necessary for them to compete. Teachers don't teach/mentor anymore, all they do is give homework and blame students when they fail. There's no reason kids need 1.5-2 hours of homework daily. Teachers need to understand kids need to be motivated and inspired to learn. I witnessed a despicable act when I went to pickup my children and saw teachers and bus drivers yell at a point of frustration/intimidation at kids. When I looked to confront them, they immediately quieted their voice and tone and were clearly ashamed of their behavior. They behaved more like prison guards. How were they behaving when parents weren't there? It was a mistake for me to expose my children to this experience simply because I perceived it would challenge them academically. In reality there's more homework and memorization, not tools to allow them to think more effectively. Your child is only young once and they deserve the best experience and mentors (besides yourselves) you can offer them. We're out, there's several more years of kids being kids and we're going to savor it.

Posted November 21, 2013
I feel this school is failing my children. It has not turned out to be what it presents itself as: a school of excellence. My children went from an all A report card to my one struggling to stay afloat and the other failing all subjects. Homework starts from the moment they come home and continues often until well past bedtime, sometimes more than three hours. They are unhappy and have come to resist all things school-related, even reading out of sheer "educational" burnout. All of the reasons I chose to pursue this school as an educational option for my children have turned out to be the reasons they are failing to thrive. I strongly urge parents to discuss this school with other parents who have children currently enrolled or have attended Alpha in the past. It is obviously a great fit for some, but sadly it is not a fit for mine and others. I often tell parents it is a mixed bag in benefits and drawbacks but, for my family the mix has rapidly declined into a outright negative experience and I, once again, urge parents to fully research and think hard before choosing Alpha Academy.

Posted November 18, 2013
i am very concerned about what is going on at this school. could someone please investigate this new location at Raeford road. I was happy with the school at first but now I am worried.

Posted November 01, 2013
Just pulled my son out. If you have a very bright child this is not the school for you. Class sizes are HUGE and teachers just dont have time to help whether they are gifted or behind. There is no real plan to teach gifted children. No AIG, advancements, sitting in proper grade for certain subjects. They just say we give him extra work. My son loves school and he started begging me not to go cause he was bullied and so bored. They have no playground and run around in the grass. MANY really bad kids there and they just cannot control them. Vice Principal is lazy and couldn't even act properly like he cared about my child. I left meeting with him and went straight to enroll him somewhere else. I gave them benifit of the doubt by these reviews but I know now I have done my son an injustice. RUN....

Alpha Academy
907 Hay Street, Fayetteville, NC  28305
Last modified Alpha Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alpha Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.