Massey Hill Classical High 3

Posted June 29, 2014
When we were here we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't truly a "Classical Education". There seemed to be some problems with curriculum and some of the educators were horrible. Thank goodness my kids survived. We moved to a much better state and they are getting a much better education to finish up their high school years.

Posted January 08, 2014
I attended this school near the tail end of the 2000s. I found my experiences from this school to have prepared me tremendously for college. I was even able to keep up with private high school graduates easily in undergrad and I was not even near the top of my class at Massey Hill. That's how academically rigorous our graduating class was. Its not perfect, no school is unless you're willing to shell out a ton of cash but this school was more than enough to prepare me for college as a STEM graduate. The best part was that it was all FREE as a classical public school. Majority of the teachers go above and beyond the call, the student atmosphere is relatively laid back and I am glad to have had such a focused education. I would strongly recommend this school for any parent who would like their child to obtain a high quality education for free that will prepare them for university level work. This school is essentially a public school with private school quality.

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted June 15, 2009
I have two daughters attending this school. They both had came from private schools prior to MHCHS. The administration and teachers at the school are caring and interested in the success of their students. If tutoring is needed, it is provided for the children without any additional cost (very different than private school). The student/teacher ratio is great and this school is for children who are going to college.

Posted April 30, 2009

Massey Hill Classical High 0

Posted November 27, 2007
This is my sons first year @ Massey Hill, and I must say I am very pleased. Teacher/parent meetings have been well organized and informative, although my son does not enjoy wearing uniforms in HS he is enjoying Massey Hill a great deal more than he ever imagined.

Massey Hill Classical High 3

Posted April 16, 2007

Posted March 23, 2007
This is a wonderful small school. All, but one teacher we have had contact with (with the exception of one) have been fabulous. They have added Spanish in the last 2 years and have a new pricipal and vice principal this year. I am very impressed with the pricipal,within 8 weeks he knew all the students names. It is a classical school so their are no sports, but students may play for their zoned school (mine do and fit in very well, most kids don't even realize they don't attend the school they play for). My sophomore loves it and her sister can't wait to go next year.

Massey Hill Classical High 2

Posted September 20, 2006
Well, this school does have a decent academic program but it has absolutly no sports and i think that this is effecting me child greatly.

Posted August 30, 2006
I think Massey hill is a great school for students. The teacher cares about the student.The only problem, is the transportation. I have attended Massey Hilll for two years. Eventhough i have struggled with carpooling, the school needs buses.Perhaps with more buses,more students would come.

Massey Hill Classical High
1062 Southern Avenue, Fayetteville, NC  28306
Last modified Massey Hill Classical High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Massey Hill Classical High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.