Bad
Good

I love this school this school my son went here k-5. He was learning things in kindergarten 3rd graders at other schools were on and it was not hard for him either. Now my daughter goes there and she is learning sign language in kindergarten, and I am very thankful for the teachers who take their time out to make sure these kids get a good education. Never have an issue with admn it's all love at Mart McArthur

Teachers and principal do not address concerns and get very defensive and shady when asked for meetings. Unless there is something to hide I don't know why a conference would be so hard for them. It would be better to try your hand at honeschooling than to allow your child to go to this school where even the principal doesn't care. Again if you actually want to have contact with the people surrounding your child I would avoid this school.

My grandchildren attended this school. The staff were invariably nasty, rude, and had no interest in accomodating a special needs child. The principal was so rude I refused to talk to anyone at the school. I told my daughter to handle it, even though I transported them, and had more daily contact.

Tuesday, November 24, 2014. The Deaf and Hard of Hearing students and staff held their 18th annual Thanksgiving Family Event. Of the 19 students participating, 16 children had family members come out and see what their children are learning and also to see the skits and crafts that were on display. Skits presented were Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Little Red Hen and The Turkeys Fight Back. Families played a alphabet game, did an art project and enjoyed several desserts. We are grateful for the support of our Administration, Parents, and Mary McArthur staff members.

I just don't like the way they do things. They treat this job just like that, a job. Not hearing the concerns of parents, immediately getting defensive. I have seen better and so I want better for my child.

The person that wrote this review is upset about something other than the school. The Principal retired in June and the staff is 80% new. There is no reason to tarnish a school and the staff because of issues that do not involve the school.

I was extremely disappointed with my experience at MMES. The principal, Lola Williams, is extremely negative as are some of the teachers. I have witnessed teachers yelling at students, parents yelling at teachers, and a complete lack of respect. It is not an environment where students or staff feel welcome, safe, or respected. I was completely disgusted by what I saw, so much that I was physically ill because of it. My heart goes out to the staff that is under-appreciated and the students that have to endure the daily disrespect and lack of love. I would rather homeschool my child than send them to MMES. They need to get rid of the negative people on the staff in order for this school to succeed, that includes quite a few teachers, the principal and the computer teacher who never taught any of the children anything useful when she decided to actually show up to teach computer skills. When a teacher knowingly bullies students and nothing is done about it, you know the school is beyond help. I could go on, but only so many characters are allowed. You've been warned.

Mary McArthur just celebrated their annual Arts Day. Massey Hill School of the Arts, Douglas Byrd High School and community volunteers spent the day presenting and leading 30 minute sessions for students to learn and participate. All 450+ of our students also joined in with a May Pole dance and a parade around the school and Bordeaux Library to celebrate the Arts in School.

My school is Mary McArthur Elementary A+ school. I have a child who is now in high school who went to McArthur and had a great foundation for learning there. Now my youngest attends there and is happy and thriving. He loves this school, teachers and classmates. Everywhere you go in life there will be people who you don't agree with or have confrontations with, that is life. The best thing to do is try to work together and at this school I see that between the staff and parents. Its not burger king and we can't have it our way but Mary McArthur tries its best to do whats right for our children.

Mary McArthur Elementary School has great curricular integration of academics incorporated with the Arts. This style involves the wholistic child with the Mutiple Intelligences of learning. The school has a wonderful culturally diverse population of students. The atmosphere and school environment demonstrates positivity, safety, caring and well-being, as well as sucess for students, utilizing best practices and high expectations of each child. Mary McArthur is a centrally located near thorough-fare in close proximity to a major hospital, area mall, shops and resturants.Lastly, teacher/staff qualifications are excellent, Administration/Principal leadership is highly experienced and supportive. Also, the school's PTA-parent involvement Initiative, arts community-based programs and services collaborate toward

Last modified Mary Mcarthur Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.