Posted November 19, 2014
I just don't like the way they do things. They treat this job just like that, a job. Not hearing the concerns of parents, immediately getting defensive. I have seen better and so I want better for my child.

Posted November 06, 2014
The person that wrote this review is upset about something other than the school. The Principal retired in June and the staff is 80% new. There is no reason to tarnish a school and the staff because of issues that do not involve the school.

Posted November 05, 2014
I was extremely disappointed with my experience at MMES. The principal, Lola Williams, is extremely negative as are some of the teachers. I have witnessed teachers yelling at students, parents yelling at teachers, and a complete lack of respect. It is not an environment where students or staff feel welcome, safe, or respected. I was completely disgusted by what I saw, so much that I was physically ill because of it. My heart goes out to the staff that is under-appreciated and the students that have to endure the daily disrespect and lack of love. I would rather homeschool my child than send them to MMES. They need to get rid of the negative people on the staff in order for this school to succeed, that includes quite a few teachers, the principal and the computer teacher who never taught any of the children anything useful when she decided to actually show up to teach computer skills. When a teacher knowingly bullies students and nothing is done about it, you know the school is beyond help. I could go on, but only so many characters are allowed. You've been warned.

Posted May 03, 2014
Mary McArthur just celebrated their annual Arts Day. Massey Hill School of the Arts, Douglas Byrd High School and community volunteers spent the day presenting and leading 30 minute sessions for students to learn and participate. All 450+ of our students also joined in with a May Pole dance and a parade around the school and Bordeaux Library to celebrate the Arts in School.

Posted September 27, 2013
My school is Mary McArthur Elementary A+ school. I have a child who is now in high school who went to McArthur and had a great foundation for learning there. Now my youngest attends there and is happy and thriving. He loves this school, teachers and classmates. Everywhere you go in life there will be people who you don't agree with or have confrontations with, that is life. The best thing to do is try to work together and at this school I see that between the staff and parents. Its not burger king and we can't have it our way but Mary McArthur tries its best to do whats right for our children.

Posted September 27, 2013
Mary McArthur Elementary School has great curricular integration of academics incorporated with the Arts. This style involves the wholistic child with the Mutiple Intelligences of learning. The school has a wonderful culturally diverse population of students. The atmosphere and school environment demonstrates positivity, safety, caring and well-being, as well as sucess for students, utilizing best practices and high expectations of each child. Mary McArthur is a centrally located near thorough-fare in close proximity to a major hospital, area mall, shops and resturants.Lastly, teacher/staff qualifications are excellent, Administration/Principal leadership is highly experienced and supportive. Also, the school's PTA-parent involvement Initiative, arts community-based programs and services collaborate toward

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my daughter's third year here and it's great. I love the arts integration. Last year a few parents got upset because the parking was changed but it was changed for the safety of the children. It's sad that because the staff was trying to protect the students, they got a few bad reviews from grumpy people.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is an excellent school. The staff is very encouraging and involved with the students, and the students are a great bunch.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school has a uniquely fulfilling A+ atmosphere. It serves Pre-Kindergarten - 5th grade and caters toward the multiple intelligences. The teachers and staff care about the students and it shows in teacher retention rates.

Posted March 01, 2013
The teachers my children have had are wonderful, the office staff is wonderful, the principal on the other hand....No words to describe her. Any school would be better without her. She does not take into consideration the parents when making certain decisions and is plan rude to everyone. If she doesn't like you she will avoid you and forget about communication with her, there is none. I would not recommend this school to anyone at all. My children will not be attending this school after this school year ends. Worst mistake ever to have my children attend this school.

Mary Mcarthur Elementary
3809 Village Drive, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified Mary Mcarthur Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Mcarthur Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top